V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really appreciate some help here folks. Here in the UK, some dealer has a brand new 2016 CVO Special at crazy discounted rate and it just happens, if I trade in my 2015 Heritiage classic (with tons of extras), they will sell me the 2016 CVO, or the 2018 Ultra Limited for the same deal which iworks out as.... . 'trade in my bike and pay an extra £10k for either', what to do?

2016 CVO with all the bling with the 110 or the 2018 Ultra Limited with the new 107 engine, suspension etc for the same deal?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
2018 Ultra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
whatever you prefer, your gonna ride it. Nice to have advice and opinions but at the end of the day your ass is gonna be on it. JMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your replies guys, appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts. Just wanted feedback from those who have the 2016 CVO, or possibly 2018 Ultra Limited. Just trying to gauge feedback from riders with epxeriences on those models and if they had the same choice, would they make the same decision.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can't speak to the CVO, but we just bought a new 2017 Ultra Limited. Going from a 2004 Ultra Classic, I can say that the new Ultra is plenty powerful, even though I have not run it over 3500 RPM. Handling is tight, like any new bike should be, it does feel like I have to drive it into a corner, because of the wider rear tire. If fast is what you are looking for, you may want the CVO. But I may not be the best source on that because I only bumped up my 04 Ultra 10 hp and 10 ft lbs of torque, and was happy with that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
From what I have heard the 107 engine will outperform the CVO 110. I have not run head to head with a CVO 110; however, it sure feels like it would smoke my 103 twin cam that had a stage III kit on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,042 Posts
I suggest that you thoroughly test ride them both and let your experience help you make the decision.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, just helps to have some opinions and I've opted for the 2018 Ultra Limited in Tempest Black, cheers folks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Not so fast there . . .

From what I have heard the 107 engine will outperform the CVO 110. I have not run head to head with a CVO 110; however, it sure feels like it would smoke my 103 twin cam that had a stage III kit on it.
I have been finding out more and more that the BCM is throttling our bikes to around 105-110 MPH. So out performing is subjective depending on what you want to do with the bike.

All things being equal - I lean towards the Musclehead (M8) BUTTTTTTT a steep discount if awful tempting. If you are going to be idling or cruising at low RPM - The M8. Otherwise at speed, they are fairly comparable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts