V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
I have a long term solution for your dorky helmet dilemma, Polar.

Join ABATE and help repeal all the dumba** laws. In the meantime, where whatever you are comfortable with.

Let Those Who Ride Decide !!

· Registered
356 Posts
Yeah, the politicians have it down to a science on how to split the vote. All of the single issue voters are getting screwed, because they know how to divide us up and kick our a**es. I guess all you can do is pick the issue that is most important to you, and vote on it.

See, everybody usually votes on one issue only, such as on gun issues only, labor only, right to life only, motorcycle laws only, and the polits know how to divide us so they get what they want. From what I've seen in my life, what they want is to take away our freedom.

Their job (which is paid for with your tax money and money from large corporations and special interest groups) is to pass new laws that control every facet of your life.

So try to understand, Thealien, that when they tell you to wear a helmet (and maybe an orange vest too while riding a motorcycle, this was recently brought up by lawmakers), tell you to give up your guns, call in the National Guard to bust your head for going on strike, and tell your wife or girlfriend what she can or cannot do with her body, just remember they are doing it because we are too stupid to live our lives without their wisdom and guidance (errr, actually the wisdom and guidance of the corporations and lobbyists that tell them what to do).

Umm... I just went on another rant didn't I ?

· Registered
356 Posts
I believe that's exactly what I'm saying, UpRocks. It seems like everyone has a good idea of what everybody else should be doing, doesnt it ? Even lawmakers who have never even ridden a motorcycle have a good idea of what is best for you when it comes to motorcycling. Or anything else for that matter.

We've had 5 motorcycle fatalities in my area in the last year. 2 of these were wearing helmets. 1 of the remaining 3 was running in excess of 90 mph. Not sure how much help a helmet would have been there. 1 of the remaining 2 was pulling out of a bar parking lot and actually got run over by an ambulance.

I'm not sure how this all compares to current national averages, but the last statistics I saw stated that somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% of motorcycle accidents are alcohol related. Wow !! That means that about half of the 2000 some people who die in motorcycle accidents are shitfaced or get run over by a drunk.

That's a Tragic number, but in terms of numbers of fatalities resulting from head injuries, it's a drop in the bucket. I guess what I'm saying is, if you guys are really worried about head injuries from an accident then you better slap on a lid every time you get in an automobile. Cause chances are that's what's gonna get you.

I hate to end on a sad note, but it's always ironic to me to hear people talk about how dangerous motorcycles are and then jump in their car thinking that they are nice and safe. Yeah, i realize motorcycles are dangerous, but would I even be interested in riding one if the danger was the equivalent of sitting at home on my couch watching TV ? The first motorcycle ride I ever took scared me shitless. Within a week, I had my own bike.

· Registered
356 Posts
Nah, they'd listen. Are you telling me if 12,000 pissed off bikers showed up at your place of employment waving signs and yelling you wouldn't pay any attention ? Not to mention all the confusion and attention it would get from everyone in the Capitol.

· Registered
356 Posts
Right on Alien,
I'm United Steelworker myself. Just keep up the good fight and remember that old saying about nothing worth fighting for being easy to get.

Freedom isn't Free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.