V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
Yeah Mass will repeal a helmet law. We voted against seatbelts, we got them. We voted to lower the tax rate to 5%, they just raised it to 5.3%. The new gun law just reduced the number of licensed gun owners from 1,300,00 to just 200,000. The Mass politicians don't care what the constituants want, how do they keep getting voted in.

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
Hey Rocko;

Sorry but I disagree, I'm not saying I'm not a member, but even if all 250,000 registered motorcyclists were all members and all went to the state house, THEY DON'T CARE! We voted against the seatbelt law and we have one(hell of a lot more registered autos) we voted to lower the tax rate they just raised it. The problem with voting here in mass is you don't vote for the best person you vote for the lesser of two evils. By the way I belong to many political action groups such as MMA, Abate,NRA, GOAL, IBEW, it just doesn't seem to help. I vote in primaries, main elections, I call, write and Email my politicians only to repeatedly get ignored or the form letter that we respect your opinion but disagree. I have been active politically for years. Nothing personal Rocko, but you did single me out by name. All this sh*t aside lets go for a ride sometime have a beer or whatever and argue politics(I'm just south of boston).

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
Rocko, fourhour either of you guts going on any of the halloween runs?

I've alredy been on the 5oclock news, my face aint that pretty.

Wyodude, yes IBEW is the electrical workers union, we are very politically active regarding, project labor agreements, local labor, sometimes union support or lack of can make or break a job, especially early on in the permit and variance procedures. Don't get me wrong I don't agree with everything each of these organizations does. I am all for descent wages, health care, a safe workplace. Why should CEO's make millions and many non union construction workers can't afford a home. I'll shut up now I could go on for days, I'm a little opinionated you know. All right one more thing, a few years back in Brockton, Massachusetts the local park department banned motorcycles in all city parks because a couple clowns would speed through and they couldn't catch them. Ten thousand motorcyclists rallied, we went through 3 judges and a quarter of a million dollars in legal fees before the supreme court struck the ban down, it's tuff in Mass.

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
I'll post when I have the dates, one usually leaves RRstation university ave off of route 128 and is pretty big. One of the local ones is at night and put on by Freewheelers MC and is also a lot of fun.

PS I'm riding as long as there is no snow on the streets.

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
I am too, It doesn't matter in Mass(not that I give up) the politicians don't care. Remember a couple of years ago we voted out the seatbelt law(more cars than bikes) well they rammed it down our throats and now they have that click it or ticket campaign going !!! With the Kenedys, kerry's finnerans and Bermingham's we don't have a chance.

We do have agreat argument at the statehouse, a bill was introduced for helmets in automobiles based on the "head injury argument". Head injuries in cars cost way more than head injuries on motorcycles. Should be an interesting debate, motorcycle helmets are always a medical cost issue !!!!

Modified motorcycle association..

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
Yeah I did a search after the post and didn't feel like editing, Modified motorcycle assosiation is more of a national organization with state branches, I still think Mass is part of it, The emblem is still the same ???

· EvilMonger
6,912 Posts
Do you "need" a drink ??????

I don't know, do a search on MMA and tell us, you find all kinds of other sh it!!!!!!

27 days, is this forever, do you have a goal, is it just day by day, is it NONE OF MY BUSINESS ????:D:D

Sometimes I just can't understand you. Did you get a new Tube ????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.