V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Helemets are funny. I almost always where one when i ride but it has to be the first thing in a long time that i thought, I bet people think i look silly in this(I actually live in a helmet free state). I have never in my life felt like that over anything. I have always dressed and did what i wanted and said f*** what they think of me. I have almost always had strange colored hair or a mohawk, or something really stange. But that helmet plagues me constantly. But usually after the first 2 minutes i am having so much fun riding i could care less if they were dead chickens tied to my head. So i wear it, especially since i am a fairly new rider.

· Registered
200 Posts
I happen to live in a lidless state, and i would bet 10% is a fair figure. Much lower for Harley riders, I know several riders here that don't even own a helmet. Most Harleys riders here never wear a helmet, except when they all break out the novelty helmets for rides into NC.Only time I saw helmets on Harley riders was at MSF.The sport bikes all have them tied to the back end of the bike, to thow them off. Really the only time a I see helmets are groups of sportbikes, in full gear headed for the twistys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.