V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Hey Muthuh...

Those Broken necks, were they full face or pots? I wear a Shoei full face that has a neck roll to stablize your neck. It's way comfy too. I've found that the extra bucks for a Shoei or an Arai is worth it for the comfort alone, not to mention the lighter weight. If Shoei's don't fit then Arai's usually do.

· Registered
11 Posts
I personally don't mind wearing full leathers. They are really comfy, not to mention confidence inspiring. I've had guys I ride with total their bikes washing out in a corner, hitting the pavement at 80mph. They walked out of the hospital the same day because they were wearing leathers. I saw way too many of my dad's buddies get all jacked up cause they weren't wearing proper gear. Here's a link to an interesting story...

http://www.sj-r.com/sections/news/stories/N09162002,a.asp

I was especially interested in the guy from ABATE and what he had to say. Personally, I thought the guy sounded like an idiot. Helmets don't restrict anybodies vision (Unless you have 180 degrees of peripheral vision)

It's sad that with all the legitimate issues facing motorcyclists ABATE is best known for fighting helmet laws. Consequently, the cage driving public thinks they're idiots.

· Registered
11 Posts
Muthuh said:

Hmmmm, good point - I realized the other day how comfortable my OL's silk panties are, too... man you should have seen how inspiring they were! LOL

Hey - taking the stand that this is a personal decision, by default I gotta respect anybody else's decision, too.... a corner at 80mph? The boy needs a spanking, not a helmet!
That's funny!

Evan had a knee dragging the pavement on his Yamaha R-1 when he slid out in that corner. He was following a buddy on his ZX-9 and I was behind him. We don't know why the bike lost traction there as I ran right over the same spot and didn't have a problem. I think his compression dampening was set too stiff.

Most of the guys I ride with have sportbikes as their primary bikes. Some of them have cruisers too, and one guy who rides a Hayabusa most of the time (200+mph machine) owns 27 bikes at last count. He collects all sorts of bikes.

I would feel a bit over dressed wearing leathers on a vintage style cruiser, but a full face is a must for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.