V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
It is a shame that so many choose not to wear a full face for the "image". So what if the "Hard Core" bikers don't wear them. I love to ride, I ride whenever I can. I have a loving wife to look forward to returning to. I have heard the argument of "they will know I died doing what I love". Well, I will live to ride again. That, and I am ugly enough as it is:D

After being hit in my full face with so many damn rocks, I don't know how people get away with not wearing one :D

· Registered
471 Posts
I'm not a in the medical field, but on my fall, the only part of my body not to be effected was the neck and head. Most of my body even without visual signs still had the old "gonna feel that in the morning" routine from the muscle strain.

Pick your evil. All the accidents I have been made aware of either had only moderate injuries (including broken bones), could have been prevent if they were wearing a helmet, or there was no chance. I prefer not to fall into the "Could have been prevented" slot myself.

As far as right to choose, that is an entirely different subject.

· Registered
471 Posts
My wife pointed out an observation that I believe sounds true. The people who usually don't wear (or want to wear) a helmet are those who are on the cruisers. The main reason for them to go down are the cagers.

The ones who insist on the full face are those who ride hard. I am an example. I love getting my pegs to drag. These people have to contend with higher speed, in tougher situations (and with thier ego), pushing the limits of traction. They now have to contend with these limits, and the cagers.

So, IMO, it isn't the helmet that kills, it is the riding style.

My only beef with not having helemt laws are with SVROD. If I have to pay for someone elses mistakes, then I want a law. If it is not going to touch my pocket, then it is up to you.

Of course, insurance premiums go up with those higher risk riders on the crotch rockets. My bike isn't exactly cheap because of that engine it has. Kinda sucks since a cheaper 750 is about equal in power...

· Registered
471 Posts
That is what I get for making the assumption that number for number, 53% were wearing helmets.

I assumed that if only 90% wore helmets, then the math would be done accordingly to compare the two numbers.

Of course, statistics are made typically to prove a point. You can always tweak them in some way to prove your point. So the question is, are they trying to prove that helmet laws are not a good thing?

· Registered
471 Posts
streetrod said:

.........or, if you're part of the liberal media we have in this country, you can just "make up" statistics to support your position.............
69% of all statistics are made up on the spot. 32% of the population know that:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.