V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is certainly not much of a technical question, but am wondering if I'm just blind or the FLHT (or other Harley's) just doesn't have a helmet lock. It would seem strange that the MoCo mandates helmet use but would not include a lock for them? No mention of one in the book either. It would be a pain if my wife would have to keep her Honda just so we have a pair of locks to do up the helmets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
helmet lock

2002 flht does not come with helmet lock, bought one from harley dealer that fits on front crash bar for $17.00. works great.

·
old timer
516 Posts
I put mine in the tour pak. On my FAsTBOY I just put it on the brake pedal. I can't imagine anyone wanting to steal a helmet...I guess it takes all kinds. I live in CA, I seldom lock my bike and in 32+ years, I 've never had anything taken.

I guess it'd depend on where you live. Here, I leave my leather jacket rolled and bingeed to the handlebars.

I'd thing an aftermarket hemet lock device would give you the peace of mind you seek.

manny

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've done like Manny says and put two helmet locks on my tour pack, pics of it (fuzzy fixed focus camera back then) are on my site, hit harleys inthe menu then FLHT and they are there - one of the best and handiest mods to the bike.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, at least, I can stop searching for an OEM one on the bike. Wish I had Manny's situation and could leave stuff unattended, but too many light fingered folks around to allow that. Will most likely pick up the Harley accessory lock, just another item that shoulda but wasn't included. Seems as if my experience (new as it is) is that for every two steps forward of the thrill of ownership, you then gotta take one step back for corporate economizing at the expense of the customer. I certainly would rather put the dollars into more fun stuff.

Rustler, nice site you have there and the pics are a help. Nifty setup you have with the tour box and all, can't show my wife or she will want some of that comfort when she isn't riding her bike. Will have to investigate the E-ZBrakes, I'm a bit too tall and have too much feet to fit the stock floorboard/ brake arrangement comfortably.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Why would the MoCo put a helment lock on the bike when they can change extra and sell ya' one out of the P & A catalog. Official H/D part only, please!!!:rolleyes: (I keep mine in the tourpak.)

I've heard some riders claim they don't want the MoCo to have a standard helmet lock on the bike because they want to be able to mount their own in a particular place. Hmmm. IMHO my theory may be more likely the case. **** That should get me flamed!!!! (insulated underwear on, face shield down---prepared)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Bugeater, I put an extended brake pedal on my Road King. I didn't realize how much room I was missing out on (I'm 6'-3"). It only took about 1/2 hour to put on. The best deal I found was from MOCO $74.95. Kuryaken has one for about $80, Stealer didn't have one in stock. E-Z-Brake are about $150.
Ride safe.

·
Registered
111 Posts
EZ Brake

I had the MoCo extended brake pedal but wanted the billet look. The EZ Brake is a nice looking item. I also did the extended shifters from the same company. Now I can get my entire foot on the foot board. [size 12]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts