V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
let me finish, futzing keyboard is worn out, posted by itself!!!!

300 miles, seriously strong cold front coming. bad battery, strapped car batt to bike and rode like that. friggin headwinds about 20 knots. 42 degrees when I finished, skin feels like been sandblasted after five hours in the saddle. God,I love it!!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ever try to explain it to a non-biker for real. I know we joke about "you wouldn't understand", but have you ever really tried to explain why we are not insane when we do this stuff. Can't do it. Maybe we are insane and living in a reverse Catch 22 situation. Are you willing to stop riding to prove you are sane -- not me.
Gene P.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
harleyclassic said:
I often wonder what the windchill is when I'm headed down the road at 65 mph. I love it...
You dont even want to know!!
At least your bike will start, after all my engine mods mine wont even fire when its this cold. Do you ever go on the "flood run" or the "frost your nuts"?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
harleyclassic said:
Only 2 degrees above zero when I rode to work this morning.
I often wonder what the windchill is when I'm headed down the road at 65 mph.
About -30F. Do a google search on "wind chill factor". You get links to lots of wind chill tables and calculators.

wyo

·
Registered
903 Posts
I went for a early morning ride for about 20 miles in 9 degree weather this morning!! UnGodly cold!!!

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Here's a little bit of info that should make you feel good. A study done by the Army in Alaska a few years ago, using snowmobiles, found that once you get to 50 MPH, the windchill doesn't increase as the speed increases. Guess the moral here is, go faster and get there quicker.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I bet them windshields make a big difference!:D

·
Registered
982 Posts
Burrrr, around 30 is my limit - only because my hands get too cold. If I could find a cure for that, I'd lower the limit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.