V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I'm not Mr. Ed. I'm Pete and hail from South Florida. In fact, I may end up being one of those statistics where you get born, live, and die within 50 miles. I'm kind of puttin' off the dieing part so maybe there's hope.

Born in Miami back when it was way different - not that it's bad now 'cept there's way too many cages and harldy any one is insured.

Live about 50 miles Northwest of Miami now - still too many cages and much-older-than-me people that should not be driving them. Married 33 years - sme woman - with three kids the "baby" being 25 now.

Which brings us to the inevitable double nickle bday coming up which I prefer to think of as the 16th celebration of my 39th.

What would you do? So did I - bought a bike. Street Glide set for mid April delivery. Problem is...the next available Moto Safety course is mid May.

I do not own a cage, but the wifey does. But the middle son has a limo business so getting a cage when needed is not a real problem. In fact getting a thirty foot long cage is not a problem.

Work out of the house for a Republic of Kalifornia software company and do not need to travel often. When I do I climb into one of those aluminum tubes with fancy lettering on it. Hard to find one that's not bankrupt these days though.

First "owned" bike (me and the bank) - believe it or not. And it's been - wait while I put a new battery in the calculator - 35 or so years since I last rode anything.

So I have about the sum total of zero experience. If I don't wave it's because I ain't comfortable taking one had off the bars - yet. I'm guessin' you don't take the hand off the throttle grip though.

I'm gonna need some help.

Pete

·
2008 Ultra
318 Posts
Hello Pete

Congratulations on the new ride. Take the course, ride at your own pace and enjoy it. Looks of good people on this forum and tons of information.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on your purchase. Sign up for a course and you'll be fine! Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts