V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Howard and I live in NY. I am 26 and wanted a Harley since I started riding bikes when I was like 5. My dad had a Harley and that made me want one even more. When I turned 22 I tried to build my own form scratch. Peice by peice it was a 1961 Ironhead 900. 3 Years later I completed it. I took it over to get an inspection so I could get it a registration since it was a part together and I didnt have one. Well the cases came back stolen. They where stollen in 1975 in California. I said damn that was before I was even born. So I lost the bike. Now I am back to window shoping and driving stupipd *** bikes. I just had a baby 2 weeks ago and have no money. So it was looking grim for me. Well than a little luck came my way and just out of the blue I met an older man in is 60's. He was riding a Harley and we started chating about bikes. So he tells me he has a dirtbike needs repair so I say sure I will help you. Then he needed a oil change, tire rotation, and a starter in his car. So after I did all that he said come see what I think you would apreshiate. Well I walk in his barn and he says she hasent been running in 4 years and hasent been registered since 1986. But I have the title he says. He says I will tell you what if you come change my oil for me when I need it it is yours. No aditional money needed. I almost passed out. I dont even have to buy the oil I just have to put it in. So I brought her home and my dreams came true. I got her running today very easily. Here she is 1983 XLH 1000 with 5600 little miles on it. Sorry for being so long winded but I just had to tell the story. :Banadance

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum GoldFever.

You may have been lucky to run into the guy but you made your own luck from there on - good for you. Now ya got a HD AND a new baby - you are a fortunate man.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum for bike people. Sounds like you met an angel and got the bike you needed.

congrats on the new baby. That is wonderful.

So post up when your not too busy. Pass by my thread and drop a few words.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
GoldFever...

Classic looking ride you've got there! Ditto to what thedog told you...there's a moral in there somewhere!

Congrats on the bike, and even more on the new baby :clap: (new baby? ....what happenend to the old baby? My God, man! It's the pampers that are disposable!!!)

:welcome: to the VTF!! Look forward to your posts about your bike, your baby, etc!

Ride Safe!
JD

·
Registered
934 Posts
Congrats :thumbsup: on both of your new additions. Welcome to the forum.
Your story sounds like something that may only come along once every million lifetimes, so enjoy it to the fullest!

:welcome:

darrell

·
Just Sayin'
2,563 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Great story. Goes to show when you do right things, right things happen to you. Congrats on both the bike and baby.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
What a great story... thanks for sharing! Enjoy and ride safe!

Ray

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,732 Posts
Sweet Sporty man. Congratulations on it and on the baby. It's nice to see that, at least occasionally, a good deed does go unpunished.

Joe

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Nice looking motorsickle!!! Post up often and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts