V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to this forum. Just registered today, without even reading any of the posts... Just have a feeling that this is a good group to associate with :) Anyway, a little about myself. I owned a couple of motorcycles during my teen years (first a Honda CL-70 and then a Kawasaki 350 S2), but didn't ride again for almost 30 years. Finally last year I bought my first Harley, a Dyna T-Sport. Eight months and 8,000 miles later, I spotted the bike of my dreams on a ride to West Virginia and purchased a new Heritage Springer and sold my T-Sport. I like to ride with my buddies from work. We went to Daytona last spring and just got back from a short trip to NC and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It turned out to be a rain/fog out but a blast anyway and now we have an excuse to go back! I hope to go to Sturgis next year.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Familiar story. Lots of us started out on *** bikes and quit riding for years. I've had 14 or 15 motorcycles but about a year ago, I bought my first Harley. No looking back. Your feeling about this being a good group to associate with is correct. Over all, a pretty decent bunch of people but like everywhere else, you run into an occasional a$$hole. That being said, allow me to introduce myself...dave51 aka a$$hole. At least that's how my ex wife refers to me. Welcome.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome bgorngvol,

I remember the CT70's well a real good friend of mine had one and ran the piss out of it. HAHA Dave51 is one of the good guys on here always insightful, very helpful and knowledgeable. I think his ex refers to him that way so she doesn't fell so stupid leaving him.

But you are correct about the board everyone here tries their best to help out each other out. I know it's helped me with some questions I had and the suggestions have been right on the mark.

30 year is a long time to be away glad you got back into it sounds like you are having a blast and welcome again to the BB.

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like my hunch was right. thanks for the welcome! me and my buddies are always coming up with more questions than we have answers and i hope i can help someout out along the way too. take care and happy ridin'

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Hi bgorngvol, Welcome to the forum. I have only been here for a month or so, but I think we got a great bunch of folks here. Where abouts in Kentucky do you hang your hat ? Maybe my stompin' grounds , who knows.

You mentioned the Blue Ridge. Lots of great ridin' up there. I go there a couple of times a year when I get a chance. Can't beat the scenery (when it's not raining or foggy):D

Anyways...ride safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts