V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum based on the recommendation of a friend of mine. I'm 62 pushing 63 and retired from Navy after 33 years of active duty and civil service time. Worked the last 7-8 years helping out a friend with a small aftermarket shop in rural Mississippi. Finally got wore out with the wrenching and am just loafing, playing a little golf and riding now.

Bought first Harley in 1956 and have been riding off and on since then. Generally put 15 to 20K per year on my bikes. I also pull a N-line one wheel trailer when the wife travels with me. Usually do Sturgis and Daytona every year although this summer opted to visit friends in Maine instead of Sturgis.

I also keep up with 2-3 other forums just so I can stay current on what's happening. Lots of info available online to help people out.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Ed Y! Sounds good to be able to finally relax a bit and do what you want. 33 years is a lot of service. I'm also retired military, I could only give them 20, then worked at the Pentagon for 3 years. I gave up government service after losing 33 friends on that messed up day. I'm trying the civilian thing right now. Sure appreciate your service to our country.
Glad you joined the forum and hope all your rides are safe.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Ed Y,
Hope you enjoy! I'm relatively new here also and enjoying the post. Lot of good info and heads up on possible issues. Thanks for your service and can't wait to get to full retirement myself.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Ed,

Look forward to your posts, welcome aboard. Was that aftermarket shop a bike shop? If so I am sure you have a lot of experience that would be a great addition to this board.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.