V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is day 20 with my first bike - a '03 FXDWG - and I can't wipe the grin off my face. I have to admit the cold air here in MA makes for shorter trips but everyday with no rain or snow is a bonus.

My father had a small bike when I young and has maintained his license to this day. My younger brother has been riding a Sportster for about a year. He let me ride his bike AFTER I passed the MSF training course. (All this time I thought I got the brains and he got the looks.) We been having so much fun that my father is considering buying a bike of his own. We're looking forward to longer trips when the weather gets better and I'm thinking about joining "The Ride Home" in August. Is anyone from the Boston-Providence area making the trip?

I've been lurking around the forum for a week or so and have found so much useful information. Thanks to those who have shared their knowledge. I hope to pay it forward someday.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
mfblase, welcome and congrats! Hope your father join you and your brother. You guys will make memories that most only dream of.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome mfblase,

Are you planning on join the ride home from Philly? I think that is the one that comes through DC. I have been planning on it and even had a place to stay in Milwaukee, but I am not sure that is still available. Don't know what I am going to do if that falls through, I've heard everything within 100 miles is booked up. I do have a good friend in Chicago, I could stay with but that would be a ride back and forth each day.

Good luck and be safe, if the place to stay firms up then maybe we could hook up on the ride.

Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ride Home

VA V-Rod,
If I do the ride, I'm sure I'll be going through the DC leg of the trip. My son lives just north of DC in MD. So if not for the big ride in August, I'm sure I'll make a ride through your neck of the woods when the winter breaks. Sounds like you're not too far from there. In fact I lived in Nothern VA - Springfield to be specific - for several years in the late 70's and early 80's. Are you familiar with that area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts