V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey:
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Recently got back into riding my 2000 fatboy (6000 mi) after an extended riding hiatus. I've since had my head examined and the local doc says the only cure is to get back on the horse and ride. I've only had three Harleys in my 43 years on this planet. The first being an X90 shortster at age 11 which landed me in the hospital with a dislocated hip and torn kneecap. (Evil Knievel was big at the time) My second was a 95 Superglide which I loved but had to sell as divorce has a tendency to put a financial strain on all involved. I found VTF while surfing for answers to the 2000 bearing failure which affects me. I haven't decided which way I want to go with my bike and the cam bearings but with all the knowledgeable people here I'm sure I'll get all the information I need to make a decision.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. There are many knowledgable folks here, so if you have any question, feel free to ask. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
:welcome: to the forums. I know all about wrecking on bikes when being a kid. I ran a Z-50 Honda between two antenna guide wires when it was dusky dark. It shot me back 30+ feet like a sling shot. I landed on my collar bone and broke it plus other scrapes and bruises. Didn't effect me much though. As soon as I was well I was back out on the yard track again. haha

Post up and enjoy. Lots of knowledgeable people here.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
By the way, what part of NC ya from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear ya fatboy. Didn't affect me too much either, other than the time in traction, a month of physical therapy and crutches. Mom didn't want me to have the bike in the first place but the little 31/2 horse benelli mini bike just didn't do it for me anymore. So with a little begging, some roses and my $200.00 (my dad matched my money) the little 90 was at the house. Soon after the mishap my dad took the bike to my uncles in the country so mom wouldn't have to look at it anymore. Needless to say, shortly after I started to visit my uncle on a regular basis.
My father took me for rides on his hogs for as long as I can remember. He'd put me in front of him on the seat and I'd think how big the tank looked with the red and green lights. I remember at times in the summer he would have to kick and kick, sweat pouring off his forehead, but finally it was time to ride.

Jockeyshift, I'm here in Fayetteville. Been here about seventeen years but spent my youth and young adulthood in Philly.
Thanks for the welcome.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
welcome to the forum. Great place to shoot the ship about your fine motorcycle.

Dig in and post up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts