V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, First time here... nice to be aboard.. I have a 2002 XL-1200C it is my first bike>>ever! Yup, maddness took over when, I walked into the Harley Dealership I fell in love with a nice Pearl Blue one. I quess it was puppy love..lol

I had alway's wanted a motorcycle since, I was a wild child but, I was actively drinking and druging during my teens & twenties it was a Bad idea. I would not be here If I had a bike back in those days.
So many moons later.... 14 years clean & sober... The time was right for a cycle.

A large deposit , a learners permit and I was on my way to laying down the bike for the first time!! :( Which, I did on day two in a major way. Messed myself up more than the bike by cracking a few ribs. :eek: I picked up the bike after my low slide, dusted myself off and drove home slowly. I took a long break to heal and got busy >> Learning how to ride a motorcycle. I bought "Proficient Motorcycling" by David L. Hough. I also signed up for the Motorcycle Safety Course and got some help from other bikers.

By the time a space opened in the Safety Course... I was riding daily. I'd ride the bike out to the MSC on a learners permit.. I finally passed the course to get my license. But,I believe, the book really helped me understand what was going on, how a bike works and how to handle the bike on the road.

Anyway, my first season is over, it's winter here in upstate new york. 2002 was a huge year for me. I got the bike then, the fun started I did the Stage One Upgrade, Screaming Eagle Slip-On's , Breather kit, Hardmount Sportster Saddlebags, directional relocation kits, luggage rack, Neo-Pod & Neo-Strip Lighting kits. AMP Power Clutch. The list goes on....
I am looking forward to being able to get back on the highway in the spring. I'm planning a trip to S. Carolina to visit a friend of mine. 1800-2000 miles round trip. Nice! :D

OK, Gotta jamm. No Pic of bike but, here is my vicious guard dog ! So, back off Jack! lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
welcome to the boards. cool story. dont forget to post a pic of your bike. and remember Dp is shutting the board down i think on monday for some "tweaking".

the season is never over, just keep checkin the weather channel for that one day that pops up for a nice riding day!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
>>>"the season is never over, just keep checkin the weather channel for that one day that pops up for a nice riding day!"<<<

No, the season is really, really over around here! This is upstate New York we just got 2 feet of snow in the last few days, the roads are covered with salt, sand, urea and liquid potassium. It will take some hard rain to wash the grit, grime, slop off the roadways.
I know what your saying the next really nice day that comes along might be very tempting but, I don't see winter departing any time soon. :mad:
That's Ok since, I have many more parts to install before springtime. ;)

Here's a stock HD Pic of my 2002 XL-1200C in Pearl Blue. :D

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Good for you Kjoe. After taking the MSD rider course you know that 1/2 of folks that get into low slides, wrecks ect have been riding for 6 mos or less. So now your good to go, got throu the frist 6 mos without a major problem, and its good to see your so pumped about your next season of riding. Have fun and see you on the road (after winter).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yup, good storey, dusted yourself off, picked her up..and rode on.

Well, now that you got that out of the way...Welcome to the world of asphalt....and keep on.

Bet yah it 's drivin yah crazy, waiting for spring.

Hah ha..move south...the riding is good all year round

1 - 5 of 5 Posts