V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. This is Steve, a Brit living in MD. Grew up riding motorcycles in the UK. Had a bunch mostly *** and a couple of BSAs: D14, C15, *** iron included Yam XS250, DT175, Kwak 650, 750, Suzy Katana 1100 (the original silver pointy thing) Didn't get my car license till I was 25 :) Rode in the snow, ice and rain. Drank in the Moss Hall Tavern in North Finchley London which for years was a great biker hang out. Now it's some trendy wine bar.

Anyway, Just put a deposit on a Softail, probably just get the Standard though I like the FatBoy. They tell me it will be a year or so since I'm getting it for MSRP but that's OK - I have to make room in the garage anyway.

Other interests: Corvettes (have a nice 74 rag) Baltimore Ravens - I run Yahoo/TheInsiders Baltimore Ravens site at http://ravens.theinsiders.com Not going to be a good year but that's OK. 2000 was a great year for Baltimore.

Big HD fan. Glad I can finally get one. Looking forward to finally throwing my leg back across a hog.

Cheers

Steve in MD

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Steve (LimeySoftail)!! Good to hear that you were able to put a deposit down on your softail standard. I think this is a great bike. I was real close to picking this one until I sat on the wide glide. Did they really say you'd have to wit 1 year? Wow! That's worse than what I was told. I ordered my bike on 3 June and the best guess I was told would be September or October, but still at this point I don't even know that for sure.
Looks like you're doing a good job on the website you listed. Look forward to reading your posts.
I'm guessing that there are many others in this forum that started out riding all sorts of different metric bikes (to include those you listed). I personally have ridden many different bikes also but none of them were ever new. The Harley I have on order will be my first "new" bike.

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
Steve,

Welcome aboard. Keep looking around for a bike, a one year wait seems extreme. Check out the larger shops like Barnett's in Texas. They have large inventories and Fly n Ride programs.
Big NFL fan myself, NY Jets. This is a tough weekend because the season used to start this week but the last few years it's been starting a week later.

Dean

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes welcome to the board LimeySoftail, I really think the hardest part of the whole purchase process is the wait, seems to take forever for your bike to come in. But hang in there it will someday happen.

As for your Ravens I guess that is the price for winning a Super Bowl, every other team takes your best players and your Coaches. And we got Ray Lewis, which looks to improve a fairly good Defense to your south. But that is one thing I don't like about Football, you have no idea who your players are from one year to the next any more. Didn't used to be that way, I guess that is why NASCAR has grown popular at least you know who the drivers are from year to year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummm...that would be Marvin Lewis. You're welcome to him :)

Yes I just did my roster on the site. Lots of new guys. Our D only kept 4 players from last year.

Good luck Skins (I guess).

NASCAR gets confusing though around silly season (which is now) as teams and drivers start to wheel and deal with each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.