V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is George Douglas that has been a forum sponsor for the last 3 to 4 years. A lot has changed on this site advertising wise so I have put together a group of dealers to assist me as Forum sponsors on this site in a co-op type of advertising campaign. I will still be actively involved here like always and if you do some business with any of these dealers ask them for the same discounts and offers that you are acustomed to recieving from me. I am sure you have noticed the glut of google ads floating around from other Amsoil dealers. Please use our services if you decide to purchase AMSOIL, as those dealers do not contribute any content to this forum. Let me know if you have any questions.

Your AMSOIL Factory Connection Dealer Group is your newest forum sponsor. Most of you are already familiar with our product line, especially our motorcycle products, and may already be using them in your bikes and other vehicles. The participating AMSOIL dealers making up this group are offering special discounts for forum members so if you decide to use AMSOIL products check with them before purchasing locally or on line as our prices are the same no matter where you live in the USA or Canada. We plan to occasionally contribute some generic technical information concerning lubricants and filtration when asked and hope to have a long-term forum relationship.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Okay, George, clean out your mail box...tried to send you an order and can't.

o~\o

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
Okay, George, clean out your mail box...tried to send you an order and can't.

o~\o
I cleaned it out. Operators are standing by. LOL The best way to get me is direct through my e-mail at [email protected].
george

·
Registered
13 Posts
So how much should i expect to pay for oil up here in Ontario? I like all the good stuff i'm hearing and i am switching all three holes over this winter. On a side note, if i can't drain all the oil out, can i turn the motor over with the filter off and ignition off to push the rest out? I hate the thought of leaving oil in that is dirty. Ralph

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I recently met George while he was visiting his Tn. home. He is a great guy, and enjoyed the conversation and visit. He is a straight shooter and he went out of his way to bring me some products I needed while returning from a trip from Florida. He has my support, and I have been using these products for many years with very good success. I encourage you to talk with these guys.

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
So how much should i expect to pay for oil up here in Ontario? I like all the good stuff i'm hearing and i am switching all three holes over this winter. On a side note, if i can't drain all the oil out, can i turn the motor over with the filter off and ignition off to push the rest out? I hate the thought of leaving oil in that is dirty. Ralph
Ralph, We have a warehouse in your province so paying for it and recieving it is no problem and if you give me a call or e-mail and can make it happen for you at a very good price. I assume you are joking about getting all the oil out. Every vehicle when changing the oil always mixes some of the old oil with the new oil.
george

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
I recently met George while he was visiting his Tn. home. He is a great guy, and enjoyed the conversation and visit. He is a straight shooter and he went out of his way to bring me some products I needed while returning from a trip from Florida. He has my support, and I have been using these products for many years with very good success. I encourage you to talk with these guys.
Much too kind. I am back in Tennessee for a couple of weeks and if you want to go up flying sometime while I am here give me a call.
george

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
how many miles can i get out of a AMSOIL oil change
Amsoil has the oil designed to go up to 10,000 miles between changes on in a twin cam. Primary 10,000 and tranny 20,000.
george

·
Registered
929 Posts
Just to back up the 10,000 mile oil change George posted. I now have 102,000 miles on my 03 Ultra & have been doing 10,000 mile changes since new. How ya doing George.

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
Just to back up the 10,000 mile oil change George posted. I now have 102,000 miles on my 03 Ultra & have been doing 10,000 mile changes since new. How ya doing George.
How much do I owe you for this? Looks like you aren't letting any grass grow under your bike.
george

·
Registered
929 Posts
LOLOL not a dime.Just telling it like it is. I ran a Chevy one ton dually working truck 500,000 miles in 5 years,on AMS with a dual filter system on 60,000 mile changes. Used no oil & was still going strong when sold. Good Stuff

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
LOLOL not a dime.Just telling it like it is. I ran a Chevy one ton dually working truck 500,000 miles in 5 years,on AMS with a dual filter system on 60,000 mile changes. Used no oil & was still going strong when sold. Good Stuff
Now you went and done it. I will have to pay you something now. LOL
george

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts
How can I find out if AMSOIL have a dealer network in UK, Europe or the Middle East?
You would have to contact our international manager. if you send me an e-mail I will forward it to the right people to hook you up with a distributor in your country. Amsoil is in many countries distributed through conventional methods.
george

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning. Just joined today. I had my 2015 Road King in for a rattle warranty issue the other day and decided to ask the service writer about Amsoil. He didn't know but I had replaced the Syn3 with Amsoil 60 weight the week before. I live in Arizona.

I asked if Harley dealers were allowed to use Amsoil products? He said yes but why would they want to? Amsoil is too slippery and causes a condition he called skating, I think. He said roller bearings stop turning because the part doesn't have enough friction to roll them over, something to that effect. He said they had warranty issues which Harley Davidson won't pay for. Have you heard of this? Do I need to an Amsoil engineer?

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Good morning. Just joined today. I had my 2015 Road King in for a rattle warranty issue the other day and decided to ask the service writer about Amsoil. He didn't know but I had replaced the Syn3 with Amsoil 60 weight the week before. I live in Arizona.

I asked if Harley dealers were allowed to use Amsoil products? He said yes but why would they want to? Amsoil is too slippery and causes a condition he called skating, I think. He said roller bearings stop turning because the part doesn't have enough friction to roll them over, something to that effect. He said they had warranty issues which Harley Davidson won't pay for. Have you heard of this? Do I need to an Amsoil engineer?
WoW !!! Roll back the calendar 15 years. That's what they all use to say before they came out with their own Syn3 products. "do not use synthetic oils, they are too slick"........ Then they got their own brand and it's okay.

Been using Amsoil for many, many years. No problems. Runs a whole lot cooler. Run it in all 3 holes.

8~\o

·
VTF Site Sponsor
2,242 Posts

I thought they stopped saying this BS years ago. I guess some HD employees didn't get the word after they came out with their syn 3. Their syn 3 must not be quite as slippery! I guess I have been lucky since I have been using Amsoil in Harley's now for over 34 years without this skating condition they speak of.

George

1 - 19 of 19 Posts