V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Momma's boy
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
I've been reading quite a bit and learning alot of good stuff. Decided it was about time to make an introduction.
My first bike was a H.D. Leggero (65cc). Thats right, I was pretty cool (16 years old).I married my highschool sweetheart and we started raising a family. A few years later I got a 1978 Superglide and had it for a few years until work and kids took up too much of my time to ride.
Now here I am 49 years old. The kids are raised, got 6 grandkids and a little extra money.Still married to my Sweetheart. Our kids are our best friends, and I'm pretty sure we're their best friends also_Our family motto is ''When we work, we work hard. And when we play, we play hard.''
I work overseas and am only in the States every other month.Been doing this for 16 years and have pretty much been all over the world and had some learning experiences, believe me.
In the next couple months I'm going to be getting a 2006 Wide Glide (white).
I'm enjoying the forum and hope to learn a lot more here.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. if that's you in the picture you might want to get a touring bike, just messing with you. enjoy the forum.

good luck and ride safe.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome, Mag-it. I am in West TX, and looking at your avitar, I will be able to recognize you if we pass. (J/K) :eek:

Seriously though, if we are in the same area maybe we will run into each other at a Run or something.

I am off to ride with the regular group in about an hour. Enjoy the bike, the weather, and the good family you seem to have raised. :thumbsup:

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Welcome and Howdy from South Texas. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

·
Momma's boy
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
brownjams said:
Welcome and enjoy. if that's you in the picture you might want to get a touring bike, just messing with you. enjoy the forum.

good luck and ride safe.

Thanks to everybody for the welcome. Actually thats my little brother in the picture.

Nooo not really, I'm just messing with you.:banana:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm! Sounds like ya have it made. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Welcome aboard MagIt. Pull up a stool and enjoy and also from West Texas, Amarillo.

o~\o

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from yet another Texan. Cheers. :beer4u:

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Welcome.
Sounds like you must be a fellow rig pig. I spent a long time overseas, but have been rotating out of Alaska for the last 5 years. Living in Brownwood, TX now.
2003 Heritage and thinking about a 2006 Ultra

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome MAG:

Great intro. Congrats on your great family and Motor on the way

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Where are you at overseas? There are several of us ex-pats on here.

·
Momma's boy
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been in Kazakhstan the last few years.It's been pretty nice weather here the last few days (minus 19c this morning).
I've been enjoying the forum and I'm outta here in about 10 days.:cheers: :beer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts