V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick intro and history, it all started 24 years ago with a Virago 1100 as my first bike and after riding that for 4 years i moved on to a venture royal. Great bike, cruising with the stereo blasting, a nice road trip to the mexico boarder and all the comfort of a lazyboy chair. That lasted for about 5 years then i saw my first Harley - a 1990 Heritage Classic. An abused and not maintained bike for an awesome price, after paint and rebuilding it in the garage i had years of great riding - until it was stolen 4 years ago. Not insured at the time, no way to recoupe my loss, all i could do i wait for another day. Well it came just Jan 2006 = a 2001 FLHPI x-new westminster police bike, 19600kms, with chrome package - sitting on the local dealers website. It has half the km's of other bikes for sale and its $2000 cheaper to boot. Well you can guess what happened next - its in my garage and me with a grin ear to ear. A few minor modifcations to be done and my daughter will be happy aswell :D Even though its freezing out and i have only been able to get out 4 times i looking forward to a great year of riding once again. If anyone has any tips on what i should concider doing to the bike i welcome your input. :)
Thanks and have an awesome day
Rich

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
:welcome: to the forum you've probably noticed the police motor unit forum which should appeal. Lots of great information, and characters around here, glad you decided to join the party...?prty:

Looking forward to seeing you around the place.

·
2008 Ultra
318 Posts
Wecome to the forum.

Don't talk to me about freezing, we've had a mild winter, but all hell is breaking loose now.

You'll probably be riding next month ...

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm watching the Canucks play the Flames as I am writing this...

·
06 NightTrain
289 Posts
Welcome,

Ah it cant be thats cold there, i will ride in 5c weather if the streets are dry. it never goes below that in Vancover.:beer:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the bike. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and your right its not that cold but when you can't feel your ears anymore its time to go home and have a hot rum :D

Cheers
Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts