V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been monitoring for awhile and decided to subscribe and start posting. I got my first Harley in 1980. My younger brother and I bought a 1942, 45 from a school teacher who had it sitting in a barn. We gave $300 for it. Back then that broke the bank for me. Anyway that lasted for a few years and I got a hell of an education in tuneups and genarally keeping the thing running. Later it was sold and I took my half of the profit and bought a 1971 electraglide. This was around 1985. I also started making trips across state lines and generally began touring across the country. In 1989 I sold the bike for a stock 1964 panhead in original condition. I rode it on average around 12,000 miles a year and went anywhere I wanted to on it. I also used it as a daily rider to work and back. In 1995 somone made me an offer I could not refuse and I sold it. I got into Evo's and now own an 84 Fxr and a 2007 Road Glide. I've logged lots of miles and I never tire of it, but I always look forward to getting back into the South. Twin Cams and fuel injection are new to me so the forum should really help me out. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
welcome to the forum WidowMaker, Where in Tenn. are you. I am in Memphis. If i can help with any of your problems give me or the forum a shout. Booggerbe

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Booggerbe, I live in Baxter which is right between Nashville and Knoxville right off of I-40. I'll be sure to get in touch when working on the 07. I bought it in June and already have 10,000 miles on it. So far I love this bike and I haven't done much to it. Widowmaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts