V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am also a new member. Just started riding again after about 20 years. I used to race KTMs. Bought an 03 xlh in October with 1200 miles on it. It made me realize how much I loved and missed the sport. I have put about 300 miles on it up till now. Find myself in the garage staring at it with a beer in my hand for hours. Ithink my wife thinks Im nuts.Cant wait till spring. I find the forum very knowledgable and amusing. The people seem to be great! So long for now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well let me be amongst the first of many great people to welcome you to the forum.

As a woman - i love riding with my partner. Some women are very scared of it or think the man they love is going to injure themselves. Maybe your partner is just fearful of some consequences I don't know!

Me I just love the feeling of being on the back of the bike - it's very freeing and spiritual. Hopefully your wife will join you on the back and learns to enjoy the thrill so to speak. :cheers:

Enjoy your time here - i'm sure you'll find most people here are both funny and intelligent.

Cheers,

George

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the VTF. Make sure you open the garage door while running that machine or you may get hypoxia or worse.

I am in near by CT. Read up our North East section of the forums for some up coming rides.

See you around.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mad wife

Yes its true that my wife thinks I will get hurt . Its also true that every 17 year old kid with a cell phone is trying to cream you. You truly do have to have your radar on all the time. Crimson moon, being a female rider, do you have any suggestions on how I may be able to get my wife on this bike? Poppy

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
K-POPPY said:
...Find myself in the garage staring at it with a beer in my hand for hours. ...
Been riding for 20 years or so now and still do that. Don't worry, It's normal.
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the board. My wife thinks I'm nuts because of the same behavior, plus going for rides that take hours and go hundreds of miles to nowhere, plus perusing this forum instead of watching House. Oh well, I'd rather be nuts...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can dig it brother! Only 11 more weeks till spring! Almost put the battery back in the bike tonight and fired it up just to curb...... Any one else feel the same?

·
97 Fatboy
88 Posts
K-Poppy,

Welcome to the forum! When I started riding a few years ago, my wife wouldn't ride with me. Once she saw that I respected the bike, and knew how to control it, she changed her mind. Now, I have a great riding partner who often asks me if I'm going to cut out of work early so we can sneak a ride in. She may come around yet!

Being in Binghamton, isn't much different than Syracuse, except much less snow. Still too cold for riding much during the winter months, so you have to get most of it in from May through October. However, even Syracuse is better than where I grew up! Oswego!

Wecome to the forum, and enjoy the ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts