V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone! I thought I would join this site because of the many V-twin flavors, as opposed to just one type. I have been riding since 2000, mostly aggressive canyon runs. I have since sold my toys and decided to build a Chopper. I finished her up in September. I do not get out much with three kids. However, hope to meet some folks here that are willing to do short rides. I only have 40miles on her so far. It took me 2 years, but only spent about 2 months of my time working on it.

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike. I understand Socal has been having hurricane force winds today. Ride carefully.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
Sweet lookin' ride, so what part of Whittier you in, down by Candlewood or up by Painter ave Or by Whitwood center?

( I am from La Habra)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sweet lookin' ride, so what part of Whittier you in, down by Candlewood or up by Painter ave Or by Whitwood center?

( I am from La Habra)
Well hello there neighbor. I am on Whittier Blvd and painter. Right across from the Whittier Quad, North. If you go to the Jack in the box, you can see my front door while in the drive through. Nice to meet you. From where I live, I always hear the V-twins roaring by. Makes me want to jump on the bike and ride!

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Nice bike!! I hate you already with that "Sunny California" headline. :D
It is sunny in California today, but WINDY! We are having what they call a "wind event", the worst in several years. Tree branches are down all over the place. Riding my fxr through it was ok though. I felt the wind but the bike didn't move around the lane a lot. It is suppose to be even worse in Socal. I'm in Norcal, but it is windy here, too. And the wind blew all the fog and smog away. You can see for miles and miles and miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is sunny in California today, but WINDY! We are having what they call a "wind event", the worst in several years. Tree branches are down all over the place. Riding my fxr through it was ok though. I felt the wind but the bike didn't move around the lane a lot. It is suppose to be even worse in Socal. I'm in Norcal, but it is windy here, too. And the wind blew all the fog and smog away. You can see for miles and miles and miles.
Yes, very messing down here too. They even closed schools.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Man that's crazy! Well we had snow last night and today. No riding for me at the moment.

I lived in SoCal from 1973-2001 never seeing winds like that...

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
Well hello there neighbor. I am on Whittier Blvd and painter. Right across from the Whittier Quad, North. If you go to the Jack in the box, you can see my front door while in the drive through. Nice to meet you. From where I live, I always hear the V-twins roaring by. Makes me want to jump on the bike and ride!
I know the area oh so well, my Grandfather lived about 4 blocks north on you on Painter. My wife grew up in Moline dr. over by Imperial and Telegraph, by the carriage car wash.

And yes it would be great to meet up, and the next time I am in town I will let you know.

I said I am from La Habra, I now live a bit to the north....In Portland Oregon.

I sunny here (Unbelievably) But it's in the low 30's to the high 20's in the mornings....still riding just a bit brisk.:whistle:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
....Portland Oregon. Yes, just a tad North. :) Well hopefully I'll meet some locals. Would be nice to ride with some fello V-twins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts