V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sunny? LOL

That did get my attention, seeing as I lived in Beaverton behind the Saturn dealership off TV hwy. I still have family in Tigard and in Hillsboro. At this time of year, I remember Les Schwab advertising snow tires and tire chains with free beef as the promotion.

I travel to Seattle and Vancouverfor work at least once a month from Honolulu and notice that it's starting to get cold. It's a good thing that the new rental cars have heated seats. 72F at night in Honolulu, have to wear a sweatshirt or windbreaker to avoid the chills while riding.

I still have my Polaris RMK 700 in my cousin's basement in Tigard, should be a good snowfall this year in eastern Oregon whenI visit during Christmas.

M

·
0 Posts
Oregon my Oregon

I spend some time in the beautiful state of Oregon (about 5 years) after that I moved to Seattle for a year and then on to the Southeast. I have lived in many places throughout this great country, but none as beautiful as Oregon.

I do appreciate that there are more clear and sunny days now, but life is full of trade-offs.

·
Banned
2,502 Posts
Matthew J. said:
Thought that would get a few peoples attention. Cool looking board!
Welcome ! and a big hello from Crescent City.I am waiting for this damn storm to stop so I can ride up to Coos Bay.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My mom's from Portland, and we lived in Gladstone for three years. Beautiful country. My cousin who lives here, is moving back to Oregon in the spring. He's been here in Florida since '77.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Welcome, the wife and I have been to Oregon on the Ultra :) We took I-84 west from Hermiston, all the way to Portland, then I-5 down to California :cool:
We did love the state :p

·
Texas Riders
628 Posts
Matthew J. said:
Thought that would get a few peoples attention. Cool looking board!
Welcome to TwinForum. It's always good to see new members.

You're in a beautiful part of the country. I hope to get up that way next summer for some riding.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Lived in Gresham then Vancouver and then hung out in Tigard for a few years to raise the kids. Great area. Got tired of being a repo guy so I moved back to Southern Oregon to die. Nice down here and the riding is great. Ride for the most part all year which is a good thing.

Welcom Matthew and hope you enjoy the forum. These guys (and gals) are tough, but they are always there if you need information.
Flatline

·
Registered
292 Posts
DiamondBen said:
That did get my attention, seeing as I lived in Beaverton behind the Saturn dealership off TV hwy. I still have family in Tigard and in Hillsboro. At this time of year, I remember Les Schwab advertising snow tires and tire chains with free beef as the promotion.

I travel to Seattle and Vancouverfor work at least once a month from Honolulu and notice that it's starting to get cold. It's a good thing that the new rental cars have heated seats. 72F at night in Honolulu, have to wear a sweatshirt or windbreaker to avoid the chills while riding.

I still have my Polaris RMK 700 in my cousin's basement in Tigard, should be a good snowfall this year in eastern Oregon whenI visit during Christmas.
I go back and forth to HNL several times a month as well - you wouldn't happen to work for an airline would you?

I know - how could ANYONE want to go from sunny Seattle to nasty ol Honolulu in December? LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
hoghvn
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing