V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.
Its my turn to introduce my self.
I ride a 05 Black Cherry Ultra. To date it has a Stage I with V&H Duals and Ovals, SERT, and a Big Sucker.

I started riding in 1963, 66 to 70 USN (USS Valley Forge LPH-8) “Vietnam Veteran”. Built my first chopper in 71 and sold it in 75 when I got married. Should have kept the bike and got rid of the wife.
Started riding again when I quit shooting USPSA/IPSC in 1996. Told my now wife that I was going to get a new hobby, “I was going to chase woman or motorcycles, what did she prefer?” Well I got a 883 “Hugger” and added a 1200 kit. Traded it about a year later for a 99 FLSTC “Baby Blue” (Yes I am an old Bob Dylan fan). I added a detachable tour pack, and Stage II setup. The SO and I would ride to Tampa at least once a year (1100 miles one way from ST. Peters, 500 miles a day on that bike was rough.) I had 48K miles on it when I traded it in. I really like that bike but after test riding an Ultra I was sold.

My plans (that means $) for the Ultra is a 98” kit w/head work (100hp/100tq) (already on order from GMR), lower the front 1 - 1½”, and 440 11” shocks on the rear. Don’t think I’ll add much chrome as I like the way it looks now. I will post pictures soon as the weather changes. Its now bouncing from 30 to rain and 60 by the day.

Kenny

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Another welcome from someone in "The Loo"!

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Welcome

:welcome: to the forum from another FL rider.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Thanks for your service!! {salute( Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcoming comments all.

Popeye96:
I bowered a MAP from the EFI MAP Forum that was close to my configuration. I haven’t had time due to travel and weather to put more than 100 miles (3-30+ mile trips) on the bike sence I did the Stage I. I can tell you that it does feel like a lot more toque now, also it dosent pop or stutter. Love the sound (just right for crussing) of the V&H Ovals.

A side Job paid off early and I have the GMR 98” kit on order (due this week) and shop time scheduled for next week. Will keep you all posted on how this goes.

Kenny

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum where sailors are welcome and appreciated.

post up and enjoy the ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.