V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am fairly new to this Forum, but have been “floating around in here” for a while. I have found it EXTREMELY interesting, helpful, and a lot of fun! There sure are some SUPER people in here!

I live in Ontario, Canada (just across from Port Huron, Michigan). I'm a Federal Law Enforcement Officer and have served 26 great years in my career. I went through a *nasty* divorce about 6 years ago, and was fortunate enough to have obtained custody of my 3 children - who are now 13,15, and 17.

I re-married 4 years ago to an ABSOLUTE WONDERFUL woman, and we had a baby girl (Julia May), born January 7, 2004. Unfortunately and sadly enough, Baby Julia was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in August of 2004 at a mere age of 7 months. She remains a fighter, and survived months of intensive chemotherapy. After many months of failing remission, Baby Julia finally achieved remission on December 26, 2004. In anticipation of this, she had already been placed as a high priority on the world wide bone marrow list. On December 29th, 2004, (3 days after reaching remission) a match was found! Her Transplant occurred March 10, 2005 at Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto, Ontario. So far, she is doing fine, and has recently celebrated her 2nd birthday - at home! She is truly a success story, as her specific cancer effects 10 infants in 1 million, with the survival rate of 1 in a million. She has been the main topic discussion at many Oncology studies across the world. You can read all about Baby Julia and her story on her own website:

http://www.caringbridge.org\canada\julia

Well, now that I’ve played out my life story (*L*), I’ll get down to business! Two years ago I purchased my dream motorcycle! A brand new 2003 Anniversary Harley Davidson Softail (FLSTCI). It is vivid black, and I have spent the past few years having it fully customized. I think the only thing that hasn’t been chromed out are the tires! Due to the circumstances, I have only put 1,800 miles on it the past few years. I am hoping to put quite a few on this year, and do have hopes of possibly going to Sturgis this Fall.

I have found that the older you get, despite any setbacks - the better life gets!! So to all my fellow riders – RIDE SAFE, ENJOY, and thanks for allowing me to be part of your Forum!

Mike

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the forum. I've got the same bike as you, different color.

good luck and ride safe, when you can.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hey blue water...hello from the big smoke (toronto)...great into..boy you sure went thru some times with your little girl...what a struggle..hope to heck for good things for your julia..

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Glad to hear your little girl is doing well. Post up often and enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Hi Mike, nice to hear things are going good for you and your family. If your riding north on 21, I'm in Kincardine, we can do a ride
brian

·
Momma's boy
339 Posts
Hey Mike, welcome. I'm new here also and really enjoy it. Glad to hear your little girl is doing good.:clap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts