V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would say hello and say a few things about myself. I am 55 and got my first bike in december of 1963, a triumph tiger cub. I looked around for a while and decided this is a good forum. So many of the forums has this thing about what type of bike to ride, I look at it like this, it doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride. I have rode so long now I have owned almost everything. I enjoyed them all. dirtdobber

·
Registered
15 Posts
Back at you from North Alabama

Dirtdobber,

Welcome to the vtwinforum. I am also a newbie to this forum. I haven't yet offered up my bio here, so here it is...

I live in Colbert County, and can be seen blasting eastbound on 20/alt 72 and I-565 in the AM toward the Huntsville Airport, and reverse in the PM. 45 years young, and have ridden since the 70's days of strong street 2-strokes with flexible frames. Nothing like one of those to teach a person about respect! (Still makes me pucker, just thinking about it...) That was when a person learned about counter-steering because, in a panic, it was the only thing they haven't tried to make the dang turn. No riding schools back then.

I ride a blackcherry/black Ultra, an Orange poor man's Fat Boy (VTX 1300), and sometimes my son's Black XL883L. Have a few others in various stages of scatter, as I like to tinker more than I have time to tinker.

The tag "Elephant Rider" comes from the old movie Electraglide in Blue. Robert Blake (Officer "Big John" Wintergreen) had this line "There ain't nothin' I hate more in this world than that elephant under my ass."

I'll see you out there...

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts