V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was searching forums other than Delphi & found this one, just a little bit of lurking convinced me to sign up. I currently ride a Yamaha V Star1100 & have been doing a lot of research on larger/touring bikes. I've narrowed the search to a HD Street Glide.

I started with a Honda CL350 in 1973, well a mini bike and a Honda SL70 before I had my license. Rode the wheels off the Honda & was out of riding for some 30 years. I got back into riding 5 years ago with yamaha cruisers. Now I'm looking for a ride that offers more long range comfort. (Street Glide)

Seems to be a large Harley following here so I think I'll pick up some great infprmation & hopefully I can someday return some of that knowledge.

See ya around the forum.
-Bill-

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Bill. I don't hang much in this forum room so I'm not sure how much traffic it gets. But this is definitely a good place to share information and gain knowledge. Enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
hello and welcome from the other side of the river

good luck on the Street Glide....pretty good time to be in the buying mode

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hello and welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I'll still on the learning curve with this forum. I'm thinking winter is a good time to buy a new HD in NY. Unlike the Yamaha dealers, HD does'nt sell snowmobiles in the winter months~!Awesome!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
welcome from a fellow nyer just the other side of the state. Good info here lots of good people, my GF is amazed that I know people all over the country and how they lend a hand when I need one.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
I you're doing the dealer route, don't limit yourself to the Buffalo area. I have heard the American HD was good, Stan's in Batavia is pretty good, so is Harv's in Macedon. I wouldn't put a dime in the gumball machine at The Cycle Stop here tho... Grab a Swat Sheet if you're looking used...

And Welcome... beware of Doofs {salute(

--------------------------
"68" Presidente Nacional

·
Registered
772 Posts
Bill-in-NY

Welcome to the forum.. {salute( Always good to have another Newyorker around here. I heard that one in ten people some how, some way, have roots from New York. Hell, my roots are originally from NY :yikes: I bet the Habinaro Kid would have never guessed that!

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Roadie said:
Welcome to the forum.. {salute( Always good to have another Newyorker around here. I heard that one in ten people some how, some way, have roots from New York. Hell, my roots are originally from NY :yikes: I bet the Habinaro Kid would have never guessed that!

:hmmm:Damn you're good.... the very next thing on my to do list was to try and guess where your roots were from

:nope: I never really look at where people are from... unless they put it in a post.

2 things....
You can take the boy outta NY...
and Cali is a nice place to visit

--------------------------
"68" Presidente Nacional

1 - 9 of 9 Posts