V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers: Registered a few days back, figured I'd get on here and say hi. This really looks like a great forum, a great place to learn and share knowledge and experiences.
Well, as for myself, I'm 46 yrs old, married to a great lady, and we enjoy hopping on our '05 RK to cruise around the countryside whenever we can.
We (rode) to Biketoberfest in October (kicka$$) and then ran Deal's Gap and the Cherohala Skyway in November. It was SO COOL. You must go check out a hotel called TwoWheelInn in Robbinsville, NC; each room has a garage for your bike to come in at night. www.twowheelinn.com
I've been motorcycling on and off for about 30 years now, always *** bikes (Kaw 400, and 2 different Z1-900's) before the RK. While I do have a fondness for those sweet running inline four's, nothing compares to the ride of the RK. I feel like I'm home.
So far, mods to the RK consist of SE aircleaner, punched/drilled baffles in the stock mufflers (mellow rumble), rejetted carb with sportster needle/48 pilot/195 main, a Sundowner touring seat, Harley backrest and luggage rack, and Highway pegs.
The bike runs so sweet now, never coughs back, no surging, and gets about 40/41 mpg average. I can't complain.
The only thing that sucks right now is that I'm down for a month or so following surgery for a rotator cuff injury, so the bike sits and waits for me...freshly waxed...and a full tank of gas. Damn...

Oh well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Any other Middle GA bikers out there in the area of Fort Valley/Reynolds/Warner Robins/Macon? Say Hi!

C-ya;

Robert

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I Would like to welcome you and your RK to this fine Establishment.

We all feel the same way for our machines. I have a 2003 Rk too. I wuv dat silly bike.

That hotel looks real cool. I always worry about some tool bag messing with my bike when I am sleeping one off on the road.

Post up and learn some ship at the VTF.

:welcome:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. This is a great forum with many knowledgable people. thanks for the info on the Inn.

good luck and ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum! I'll have to check out the inn sometime. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Robert, welcome to VTF. At least you get to ride more often than us northerners get to.

Post often and ride safe!

Ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts