V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cruisin' Deuce
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this Forum. My son and I are wanting to get a bike this year. I used to ride in High School (1974) but haven't since. I've always lusted after Harleys and at the young age of 47, it's high time I got one.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Yo Yard dog,

Welcome to the forum!!! I came to the same conclusion but it took me till I was 50 to get it thru my (thick) head.
In the meantime... be patient, shop around (running the phone bill up) and look for the best deal. Also check out E-bay to get an idea of the market and what's typically available. That's kinda what I did. It took some time but I ended up finding the bike & deal I was more than happy with.

Let us know what ya find.

:cool: :D :cool:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Hiya Yard Dog, stick around get some pointers, keep us updated on your progress.....

·
Cruisin' Deuce
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mtmtrspt said:
Yo Yard dog,

Welcome to the forum!!! I came to the same conclusion but it took me till I was 50 to get it thru my (thick) head.
In the meantime... be patient, shop around (running the phone bill up) and look for the best deal. Also check out E-bay to get an idea of the market and what's typically available. That's kinda what I did. It took some time but I ended up finding the bike & deal I was more than happy with.

Let us know what ya find.

:cool: :D :cool:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely gonna be patient and thorough before I pony up the $$.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Keep us updated on your progress of obtaining your ride! Post up often.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Welcome yard dog. Where do you bury your bone? Keep us posted when you decide on a ride.

·
Cruisin' Deuce
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wurkenman said:
Welcome yard dog. Where do you bury your bone? Keep us posted when you decide on a ride.
I haven't buried my bone in so long, I forget what it's like. ;)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Glad you joined us.Some things are more appreciated as we get "older".

The HD forum is a great place to hang,learn,& have a few laughs.

Enjoy!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Hey neighbor, welcome to the board and keep us informed of any progress you have made about your rides. Be careful in dealing with the HD on 96th street. I've had my ups and downs from that place. I personally like Southside Harley. More variety and pleasant folks who work there also. If your looking to pay the retail and not the little extras such as freight fee or some other tax or fee, then I recommend Marion or Wabash. Kokomo I've also heard has some good deals. Just trying to help. Catch ya on the flip side, ftby24!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Yard Dog, welcome, give me a yell when you get 1. I'm down the street from you.

·
Cruisin' Deuce
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again for the warm welcome!!

56flh - The Noodle is my favorite hangout, although I don't get down there much more than 2-3 times a month anymore.

ftby24 - Thanks for the tip, that's good to know. I'm planning on going down to Southside this afternoon. Is buying a Harley anything like buying a car? I don't want to pay for any B.S.

flycasterjoe - will do.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
No, the paperwork is not that long as buying a car. I don't know why? Ask questions. It's your money and you want the best at the best price. Me and my family have bought all our bikes from Marion, except my first bike I bought on 96th st. I have pics in the photo gallery complements of the forum. I think buying a motorcycle is a bit more exciting, because bikes are not necessities and cars are. I feel like the devil everytime. I've bought two bikes already, so you might as well call me "She-Devil". I'm not stopping there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.