V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the Forum and to Harleys. I picked up a 2001 Road King last weekend. Finished the MSF this weekend with my wife. She wants a bike too, but it probably won't be a Harley.

I rode a bike for eight years back in my younger days. It was my primary transportation, rain or shine, sleet or snow, rush hour or not. Got away from it for a long, long time. Now that I don't have to ride everyday and can pick my moments I decided to jump back in. Looking forward to road trips and just cruising.

Any one else here from Houston? Where are the hang outs?

Gary

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome to the forum gogburn. Good to see another from Houston on the forum. There are more events, rides and hang outs in and around Houston than you can imagine. To get started meeting people with similar riding interests just get out to some local rides and events. Once you start meeting Harley riders at these events you will have more friends than you do time to ride with all of them. Each area of town has it's own hang outs I guess. I'm not much of a 'hanger outer' but I do like to ride.

later,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome gogburn from another Houstonian, well Pasadenaian anyhow. Great people and information here, what part of town are you from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Vettefamily from C5PaceCar (on another forum)

vette family said:
Welcome gogburn from another Houstonian, well Pasadenaian anyhow. Great people and information here, what part of town are you from?
Dang, does this belong in the small world department? Donald, is that you? This is Gary, the guy with the '98 Vette Indy 500 Pace Car. I didn't know you had a Harley. What kind? Have you had it very long? Send me an e-mail, [email protected].

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello 'gogburn!'

....Being a 'FNG' myself, and having bought my first Harley just two days ago (FXWDG) ...... let me take this opportunity to congratulate you on your Road King!
..... and now sir, perhaps your wife would be interested in the acquisition of my Kawasaki 750 vulcan for a 'reasonably challenging' starter bike... 'adult ridden' .....Lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts