V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
26 yrs USAF 6K Flt hrs
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick intro - Been playing on Motoscoots since I was 14. Started on a Yamaha 125 Enduro bike around 72. What fun that bike was! Tried a Honda 450 Four for a while. Road a 48 once - what a trip with the spark advance - it would kick you back over the bike. Then joined the USAF, stopped riding for a while to raise family. Now retired after 26 years and 6000 flying hours, living in Germany and back on the road with an 05 DWGi. Fuel injection is great. Riding is excellent here - just the 4 wheelers like to drive aggressively and ride your ass.

Live Easy
Shipwreck (SDA01)
26Y/6K

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Thanks for your service!!{salute( Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi shipwreck,
then in November 2005 I perhaps met you in the Geilenkirchen Airbase Restaurant :cheers: I absolved a special driving training at that time for one week on the airbase - next to the runway, you know :cool:
271ABN

·
26 yrs USAF 6K Flt hrs
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks fellas - Seems winter is never gonna break here - I ain't no fair weather rider but I don't like freezing. Been in lower 20's for the last week or so.
271ABN - Perhaps - are you talking about the Sentry Club - across the way from the NATEX?

·
Registered
19 Posts
No,
not the sentry club - I mean the room where the flight personnel take their lunch as we did also that week in november - don´t know the exact name of this big dining-room ( or is it the NATEX? ). I know the sentry club, some of my colleagues bought cigarettes there after lunch. Hope the weather becomes warm soon in Germany to go for the first ride of the year. I live in the Ruhrgebiet area in Gelsenkirchen ( Schalke04 for soccer fans), about 125 km away from Geilenkirchen - so we have the same bad weather now :puke:

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Shipwreck.

271ABN - I have friends in Gelsenkirchen and near there in Herne and Bochum (do you know the 'Bermuda Triangle'?). That's a great Schalke stadium in Gelsenkirchen. Welcome to you also.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi dog,
the stadium is great - we`ll see 5 matches there during the soccer world championships in June. There is also a match with the US boys. Let me hear If you come to this area again.

I know the "bermuda triangle" - meanwhile most of the bars and pubs have turkish and arabian owners. Don´t know what is going on here in Germany :gun:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts