V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I´m 42 years old, live in Germany, and have now ordered my 5th Harley, a 2006 Dyna Street Bob. That will be my first brand new Harley. I started with a used 883 in 1990, followed by a 1991 FXR Superglide, a 1992 FatBoy and a 1994 Dyna Lowrider which I´ve sold two weeks ago. These 4 bikes I bought used and I always got more money for them than I payed by myself. Between the FatBoy and the Lowrider there was a 91 Corvette convertible in black, before I turned into some Mercedes´ ( SL ). I´m no money guy, always used opportunities to buy used and "cheap".
Have read some bad things in this forum, so now there´s a little fear whether I´ve done the right thing ordering the new Dyna ( the gearbox... )
271ABN:hmmm:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey. Welcome to the forum. I was stationed in Frankfurt for 13 years. I miss Germany and hope to someday return for a visit. I have friends in Darmstadt, Frankfurt and several other towns.
Anyway, just wanted to offer Gruss von Maine.
Cruizer

·
Premium Member
3,290 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow German, who lived in the States and now settled in Vienna, Austria. Street Bob is a great bike, only the bikes produced until October 2005 were affected and dealers are legally responsible for putting the update kit in before delivery. You should be save on that end.
Wait until the performanc bug hits hard.....

Enjoy the ride

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Congrats on ordering a new Street Bob. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
271ABN said:
Hi all,
I´m 42 years old, live in Germany, and have now ordered my 5th Harley, a 2006 Dyna Street Bob. That will be my first brand new Harley. I started with a used 883 in 1990, followed by a 1991 FXR Superglide, a 1992 FatBoy and a 1994 Dyna Lowrider which I´ve sold two weeks ago. These 4 bikes I bought used and I always got more money for them than I payed by myself. Between the FatBoy and the Lowrider there was a 91 Corvette convertible in black, before I turned into some Mercedes´ ( SL ). I´m no money guy, always used opportunities to buy used and "cheap".
Have read some bad things in this forum, so now there´s a little fear whether I´ve done the right thing ordering the new Dyna ( the gearbox... )
271ABN:hmmm:

Do not worry about the gearbox. The recall service gives a better and more positive neutral. Other than that the bike shifts the same as always, which is awesome, and handles great!:cheers:

06 FXDBI

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't worry about the gearbox at all........I bought a new Dyna Low Rider last month and called HD customer service with the vin number to make sure it was ok. They told me that they retrofitted most all of the Dynas delivered after November 2005 before they left the warehouse and mine had already been done. My dealer had about 300 new bikes in stock of which only 20 or so were Dynas and theyhad only 1 recall bike which took the shop 2 hours to repair. My trans is very smooth and quiet. Good luck with your bike...you will love it!! KB:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi KBFXDLI,
thank you for this reply, this shortens my fear very much.
Had no problems with my other 4 Harleys since 1991 and I want to keep it that way.
271ABN:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts