V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey y'all,

My name is Larry, I currently live in Frisco, TX and ride a new 06 FLSTFSE2 which I picked up in El Paso last month. All I've added to it so far are a set of V&H Big Radius pipes and a PCIII USB.

I've been riding Harly's since 1982 when I got a brand new XLH 1000. Been in the saddle ever since.

My "List-O-Rides" goes something like this:

1982 XLH1000
1989 FXSTS Softail Springer
1994 Road Thing
1998 Dyna Super Glide
1999 Dyna WG
2000 Road Glide
2002 V-Rod
2006 FLSTFSE2 Screamin' Eagle Fat Boy

24 years after my ffirst Harley, I'm still in love. Had to get off the V-Rod after 3 years...it's nice but it's not really a Harley (lol).

What is "Belicoso_Fino"? It my favorite cigar. a Bolivar Belicoso Fino is a delightful Cuban cigar which I enjoy on my rides.

Anyway, I've been lurking for awhile so I thought I'd pop up and say "Hey!".

Thanks for the great forum!

Larry

PS - I stole someone's avatar...I liked it so much. If you aren't cool with this say the word and it's toast!

I am *such* an asshole though...

:yes:

EDIT - Ah, it seems my stalker has found me again!!! Oooooohhhh, he's soooo "Sherlock Holmes"...LMMFAO!!

Scam VanderSmear, scumbag mouthpiece from Virginia...my own personal stalker!!

HEY MORON....:whatever: :yawn:

GET A FUCKING LIFE, DOUCHEBAG!!!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Well let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. I am rather new myself so I can't tell you about whether you have committed an Avatar foul or not. My guess is, however, that you may be an asshole.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Larry,

I would like to join the boys in welcoming you to this fine Forum.

You like H-Ds I have noticed, You are a fan of tobacco as well. Two very dangerous and controversial items to say the least.

I too am fond of those items.

You will find this is an extraordinary place to hang out and shoot the ship on all sorts of V-Twin subjects ranging from how to wave to how to ride.

We have some of the highest quality writers contributing their thoughts for peeps like me and you to soak up.

Post your mind and have fun.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Greeting Larry and welcome to the forum. You are among friends here, as I've already found out. Plenty of chat, Hog talk and testosterone.

Glad to have you on board.

Ray

05 FLSTSCi

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
hoosierhog88 said:
You are among friends here, as I've already found out. Plenty of chat, Hog talk and testosterone.
:spank: There is some estrogen!:banmep:

:welcome: Larry!!

No comment on the VRod, though...:boxin:

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Sorry Carrie, you know I'd never dis you love!

Are you getting snow up there tonight? Just flurries here, but cold and windy.

Can't wait 'till spring!

Ray

·
05 Ultra
21 Posts
Welcome to the forum Larry. I'm fairly new myself and I've learned alot on here. Lots of good / informative info. Incidently, I'm in Frisco (TX) as well.

·
Just Sayin'
2,563 Posts
Larry,:welcome: to the forum. Lots of good info on here. Post up often and enjoy. I hope to get down to Texas someday to do some riding.:chopper:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

Wolf, I joined the HOG chapter at Dallas HD in Allen...you a member there? We'll have to get out and ride. This weekend will be in the upper 70's...I'm out on the road for sure!

I hope to take my 103ci SE FatBoy to a 113ci this winter...you know what they say, more is better.

Any of you in the area or coming to the area...drop me a PM! Let's ride!!

Anyways, thanks again, and I hope to be a contributing member here.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hi Larry and welcome to the form and this area, I am also from North Texas [Sherman] but my job takes me to Frisco almost every day. Lots on nice areas to ride around here, we will have to meet up.

·
05 Ultra
21 Posts
Larry & NHRAFAN55... I'm always game for a ride. Tomorrow is going to be nice. Temps are supposed to be right at 80 around here. Just found out I'm working until noon tomorrow :mad: but I'm available afterward if ya'll are interested. If not tomorrow, then maybe another day. Just send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should have checked back...I was out yesterday and went up to ....SHERMAN!!!

I like to stop in the Dickey's for a quick bite and then over to the DQ for a treat.

I live off of 289 at Main, so the trip up to Sherman is about 45-60 minutes each way...it's a nice little ride.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I, too, enjoy a good smoke when riding and am curious about where you get your Bolivar's?

Hit me up in a PM if you like.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello Belicoso Fino,

I'm just down the street from you in Plano. I am currently bikeless at the moment but I hope to be riding my dream Fat Boy by next April or May.
I am also a fellow Cigar Afficianado too. My favorites are the Macanudo Maduro in either Churchill or Corona sizes. Mostly I smoke the Ascots though.
How's the Panther Creek club in Allen? I'll probably be getting my bike at that dealer and most likely join that club. I was at the dealer last Friday night when the club was gathering for their weekly dinner ride. Did you ride along and where did you guys eat? Somewhere in Richardson wasn't it? Otherwise welcome to the forum from another North Texan. I'll see you when I join Panther Creek. Cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great place to live and ride

Larry,:welcome:
Glad to have a fellow TEXAN amongst us!! Texas is a great place to live and ride. I live south of Houston and there's always somethin' hapnin' round here and some great rides all the time. There's a lot of charity benefit rides if you're interested in that, too. I was'nt able to make the big bash in Galveston but I heard it was the biggest it's ever been. Keep posting up and look where you wanna go!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haven't been back in awhile!

Christmas Day in Texas, and it's riding weather!

Anyone up for a ride this afternoon?

PL me!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts