V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Excuse me for my english, i don't speek very well..
I am planning to change my seat from mt FXRS 1992 by a seat old school solo.... ( seat with spring)
anyone experience with this?
I don't find à pics on the web, do you now the spare parts for that.. ( fixing seat )

thank you for your answers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bonjour aussi, and welcome in the forum!
I just ordered a solo seat for my 89 fxr at ebay from la rosa.
There are brackets for sale if I am correct. Worst case scenario, you have to weld a petit peu.

·
not sober all the time
5,874 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about your english. You doing better with english than I do with french.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You should fly to Florida and come down for Biketoberfest....its like a mini bike week in Daytona Beach. Lots of fun!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the FXR forum. You might want to start with a JP Cycle, V-Twin and like catalogs but being an FXR....parts are limited but its a start.:clap:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Solo Seat

I used a bracket from a police solo seat, FXRP and cut off a lot of metal.
There are bungs for the springs that you can install on your frame w/o welding they bolt on. They can be found at LowBrow and others who specialize in homebuilt chopper stuff. You can probably find plenty of links at The Horse BC website. I attached some pics of mine. I didn't want to drill my frame to I fabbed some studs that rest on the frame.
I really like how it came out and the look is pretty unique for FXR's.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts

This is a pic of Mad Max, my 87 FXRC. It's got an FXRP Police seat on it. It came with all the necessary hardware and is a complete bolt on for all FXR's, no holes to drill. Unfortunately the seats have been out of production for years. Try Elvis's Place in California. He sometimes has them in stock but they are expensive. It's a seller's market. Good luck.
Redbeard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts