V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First off - this site and everyone involved is awesome. It's a great way to kick back and relax while learning so much about our rides! I've lurked for several months now trying to absorb enough info so I can seem halfway intelligent.

I've received word that my Cobalt Blue '06 Ultra has arrived at the dealership and had its 95" Stage I kit installed. Looking forward to a warm day soon when I can head to the dealer and drive her home!!

I previously had an '04 VRSCA and really enjoyed that bike for short runs, but my wife and I (especially the wife) didn't like taking it on longer trips. Problem solved with the Ultra ... although it's a big change between the two bikes:yes:

After the V-Rod - the TC88 seemed just a little tame; so I decided to do the BB kit before I even took delivery. After the warranty expires, I'll probably upgrade further, but I wanted to play it safe at first.

A quick question: I had some issues with the dealer where I bought my V-Rod, so I purchased the Ultra from a different dealer. My buddies all have good things to say about this dealer, but I guess I'm now a little gun-shy. Is there any way to visually check that the BB kit was installed? I asked for all original parts to be given to back to me; but I'm not planning on having any dyno runs done at this time. Probably I'm overly paranoid, but once bitten ...

Anyway, thanks again for a great resource and I hope to be able to contribute as time goes on. Can't wait for the riding season to begin this year :whistle:

Mike

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. I'm sure someone here can answer your question about the BB. I'm not sure how to tell, with out taking it apart. I'm fairly sure the dealer wouldn't mess up something like that. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Welcome to the ?prty: from another FL rider. Agree with jockeyshift that the dealer doesn't have any incentive not to have installed the kit.

Ride safe,

Joe

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to this fine forum of bikes that actually hold their value and are cool to boot. COOL COOL AND REAL COOL

you fit the demographics. dig in an post your mind.

(This message is to welcome you personally to the VTF)
It is not spam....but very close to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts