V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. On my last deployment I ordered an 06 Fat Boy. Just this week I received the confirmation letter. I'm partly worried about paying for it and partly excited to finally get it. I've wanted a Fat Boy pretty much since they came out.

I got hooked on motorycycles as a kid, riding on the back of my dad's motorcycle. I'm thinking of retaking the MSF course as a refresher since I haven't rode in over 5 years. Then again, I might just wait and take things slow on my own.

Currently I'm just south of Fresno, although I've lived in a lot of places. There are so many places that I want to go on rides to. Criss-crossing the country just makes you want to see more of it. I hope that my leave time and my wallet can keep up!

I'm still trying to figure out the financing, and I'm already looking at accessories I want to add. This has to be a sign of things to come!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Conrad

Welcome to the forum... hope you don't panic too much about the new bike, I'm sure it will all work out fine for you.

So, you must live around the Fresno/Bakersfield area i think? (excuse me if i'm wrong I'm an aussie!)

Have fun, and post often

George

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome to the board from a fellow "central" Californian. Not too many west coasters here, so it's good to see another, even if you are from Fresno. :D
Make sure you tell everyone about your winter rides. It's fun stirring up the north easters.

·
Just Wanna Ride
96 Posts
Ditto the welcome to the forum. Live in the greater Fresno area as well, retired from the military this past year. I highly recommend the MSF Course. When I got off of active duty, I had not riden in a number of years and decided to take the MSF course. It taught me some things that I didn't already know, and helped be break some bad riding habits that I developed earlier in my life. When you get that Fatboy and feel like doing a ride, PM me and well see if we can coordinate something. Ride safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Conrad said:
I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. On my last deployment I ordered an 06 Fat Boy.

I'm thinking of retaking the MSF course as a refresher since I haven't rode in over 5 years. Then again, I might just wait and take things slow on my own.
From yor description, I am betting Lemoore...welcome from Bakersfield..

There is a MSF course at the Hanford/Visaila Airport and another at Minter Field (Shafter, CA...Hwy99 15 miles north of Bakersfield)..

I have ridden off and on all my life, but had never ridden a heavy bike so I took the ERC thru Minter Field and it was worth the time and $$$$..

Enjoy the bike and beautiful riding in our area...

Ron

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
d190 said:
From yor description, I am betting Lemoore...welcome from Bakersfield..

There is a MSF course at the Hanford/Visaila Airport and another at Minter Field (Shafter, CA...Hwy99 15 miles north of Bakersfield)..

I have ridden off and on all my life, but had never ridden a heavy bike so I took the ERC thru Minter Field and it was worth the time and $$$$..

Enjoy the bike and beautiful riding in our area...

Ron
Hey d190! You don't make it over here much! Good to see you!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the fine forum of bikes, babes and chrome.

Best of luck and have fun here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome Conrad

Hi Conrad, 2ndgrjm here. I live in Visalia and it sounds like your at NAS Lemoore. Lots of great riding around here and the coast as well. Take the Safety course you won't regret it. When you get your Fatboy if you have any questions or need any ideas for rides just ask.

Ride safe
2ndgrjm

·
ALOHA, marooned Doof
249 Posts
Welcome

Conrad said:
There are so many places that I want to go on rides to. Criss-crossing the country just makes you want to see more of it. I hope that my leave time and my wallet can keep up!
@gree:
You will definitely enjoy the bike and that area... in the military myself and was stationed on Mare Island...beautiful area. Military had the fam criss-cross the country 6 times..completely understand what your saying.

Conrad said:
I'm thinking of retaking the MSF course as a refresher since I haven't rode in over 5 years.
Having qualified MSF instructor in 1987, retaking the course is by far the best option... well worth it.... the course should be offered free on-base; additionally, the military is really cracking down on the riders.... but are ignoring the cagers...for some unknown reason they feel all the problems reside with those on two-wheels. Even though cagers drive more wreckless and use excessive speed also.

Conrad said:
Then again, I might just wait and take things slow on my own.
If you have to wait for the course or choose to go another route..... Besure to link up with the forum member... HARRIS... see Motorcycle Rider Saftey Tips section..... send him an e-mail an he will send you copy of his riding lessons to practice on your own.
Conrad said:
I'm still trying to figure out the financing,
As far as $$$, just be wise with the $$$ you have and it will work out..... we always seem to find ways to juggle the $$$ to pay for item we want bad enough...

Welcome and enjoy that BIG STATE and all of the roads.

Punky
'05 Ultra Classic
Smokey Gold & Vivid Black

·
Ghetto Blaster
3,768 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the Forum...LOTS of nice and knowledgeable folks around here. Although i'm from so. cal. I blast up Hwy. 99 frequently to see family. After making the trip probably 3-4 times a year on the bike, I've taken to getting off the beaten path and seeing the small towns most likely in your area. LOTS of cool places and nice people. Enjoy the bike and the forum.:welcome:

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Conrad
Currently I'm just south of Fresno, although I've lived in a lot of places.
Welcome Conrad, from a former Fresno resident. I went to Fresno State. Go Bulldogs! And enjoy the forum.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Lots of great info here. Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts