V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Georgina (preference is to be called George) and I'm the partner of 71baldboy.... I got sick of only being able to look at threads when he's here so I figured I'd join up for myself.

Plus... I can type faster than him and want to surpass his post-tally... lol.

Anyway, am enjoying the forum and look fwd to having my own replies from some cool people.

I don't yet have my own bike - but it's been a dream for a long time, and I think as exciting as it is being a passenger, I long for the day I can ride alongside my man, not being behind him.

Have a good day

George

~!Awesome!

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome George! 71baldboy has been a pretty good member. Have any thoughts of what bike you'd like to ride? If you'd like a ladies prospective, just give me a holla. I'll be glad to help. Hope you enjoy the site,

Carrie

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm bikes I want

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for being my first hello, maybe cos I'm a woman I'm not getting any other welcome's... and I've seen enough first timers to see the usual response...

anyway back to the question at hand, well I do love cruiser-style bikes, my ideal first bike would probably have to be a Yamaha Virago - slightly bigger than a 250. After learning on that i'd probably like an older mid 90's model Sportster - they don't seem too big and daunting to me.

I'm far more of an aesthetic observer than into engine performance - I leave the technical stuff to ange, but I do love my custom bikes. I know where my money would be spent, on a custom paint job and some nice flame-patterned seats. (emphasis on dream bike of course!!!)

So, tell me how you got started, what good/bad experiences you've had, great to hear a female perspective.

Cheers, :cheers:
George

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hello to the post whore

Hey Popeye...

I am new to the forum - and wondering where my hello is???

My man thinks you're a legend, 71baldboy... I got sick of trying to do his typing for him so I thought i'd join up here myself. Who knows I will probably out post him very, very quickly due to typing speed...lol.

Anyway - noticed ange asked when your b'day was and you stated 12/12
well it's monday so let me be one of the first to say 'happy birthday' to you. Hope it's a good one for you.

There are worse things than being a post-whore....(was going to make a political comment then but eh I don't want to offend anyone on my first day)

I have a lot of post-whoring to catch up to your tally, but i guess it's good to strive for something.

George (short for Georgina, as don't want you thinking ange is gay.... haha)

?prty:

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
crimsonmoon77 said:
So, tell me how you got started, what good/bad experiences you've had, great to hear a female perspective.
I know what your talk'n about when it comes to custom bikes...I'm a big fan! I'm look'n for a Big Dawg in the near future :D. Let's see, how I got started. To be honest with ya, I wasn't a big fan of bikes. Was actually a little intimidated by the size, and you always hear horror stories. Since how my dad rides and my mother was always passenger, she decide it was time for her to ride her own. Knowing me, if my mother (5'3 125lbs) can ride, then I know I (5'2 125+lbs) can ride. We both took abate (safety course) and with a months time we each had our own 2002 Sportsters. Mom kept her bike for 2 yrs before getting her Vrod and I had my bike 3 months before ordering my Fatboy. Now I'm look'n for my first CHOPPA! ;) I'm on my fourth year of riding and I can't see myself ever giving up the lifestyle, I enjoy so much! Love the people and the bikes!

My worst experince is hitting a car earlier this year. Did some damage to the bike and the car I hit. Next day, I was riding my moms Vrod. A friend of mine was killed riding his Vrod 2 yr ago. And I've had some numerous times dropping my ride. I hope this little paragraph doesn't "scare" you. They are all learning experiences most must go through to become a better rider. Unfortaunte I had to loose a friend in the process...

It sounds like you taking the right path as far a big choices for a beginner. Take your own pace and time. Don't be in a hurry to go bigger unless you know you can handle a big bike. May I suggest look'n into those Huggers. They sit lower to the ground than the older Sportster. Although lowering kits are available. Make the bike fit you to where you are most comfortable. The looks will come later, when most experienced. Good luck George and keep us posted...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for sharing your story Carrie, most insightful.

I think it's very cool your mother is riding as well, some people have misconeptions that most mothers find motorbikes scary as hell and warn their children to never get on one. I know my mum loves bikes but is a bit nervous as her youngest brother died as a result of a bike accident when i was about 2 months old. Having said that I'm still trying to talk her into going for a very quick ride on ange's bike. Main problem is she's under 5ft and can't lift her leg over the seat... lol.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, and also your accident. It is scary, but I like to think that with care and the proper training one can lessen the risk of having an accident. I have come off the wide glide once - about 18 months ago. The stupidest part was that the bike was stationery and as the bike was going too slow we overbalanced whilst trying to turn. No injuries but was very scary going back home as I had picked that one ride to wear a short skirt as I thought it would be 'sexy'... lol.

thanks also for the advice on the hugger, looks like the type of bike I can really see myself on. I've never had an issue with 'girly' or smaller cruisers - I think they're cute and as long as I enjoy the ride safely that's the main concern.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hello George:

Welcome to the Forum (at least as your own identity). Your old man has been busy here, or was that you guys together? He is a legend in my mind.

I thank you for your honorable mention in your MY STORY THREAD.

This thread is supposed to be about you so lets get back on subject shall we?

It is a pleasure to meet the woman behind the great man. I bet you helped him figure that oil issue with his bike or at least provided some needed moral or technical support.

Now that you and Ange will be posting separately, I would hope that you will stop by the ladies only thread and get some stuff going over there. Perhaps you and Ange can stop there together and get that party started again.

Be sure to add your two cents in my classic welcome. You and Ange are always welcome over there. If you stop by while I am out, please remember not to let the cat out. There is plenty in the fridge and lots of fire wood for the wood stove.

You seem to be off to an admirable start. Patterned much like some high caliber posting HEROES we all know and love. I am referring to the frequency of self posts in your own thread. I resemble that sort of style.

So I wish you a fine welcome to our underground lair.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
W T F?:dunno:
Well this is a pleasant suprise Ginny.
Heres the scenario- I get back home from work do my usual routine-shower ,beer and flick the computer on to checkout the new posts on VTF,ME: What's this a new member from Australia,better check it out,well this is interesting-from Adelaide then it hit's me it's you baby(yes i can call her baby)and i get the widest grin on my face.:thumbsup:
Love ya heaps George Mwwwwaahhhh! So now to my standard welcome.......
:welcome: To VTF man!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Just to clear things up all of my posts have been mine, but on occasion when i feel lazy or want to post something quickly i dictate to George.^rolleyez^

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
71baldboy said:
Just to clear things up all of my posts have been mine, but on occasion when i feel lazy or want to post something quickly i dictate to George.^rolleyez^
Ange:

Sure sure sure............we believe you.

Good thing we deleted all those critical things you posted about marriage, relationships and how you really feel about being married before your significant other showed up. (just kidding, George and Ange)

Great to have the both of you here to share in the fun, games and encyclopedic information exchanges here at the VTF.

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum George.

Get your mother a box to stand on, she won't regret it. My fiance is 4'11" and if she could reach the ground, I'd be riding bitch.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not replying sooner, I've been a wee bit busy lately. I love your wonderful country - great people, wonderful sights, truly unique animals (methinks you've captured a bald specimen - good luck taming that one) and delicious foods and refreshments.

Oh - I almost forgot - don't pull Popeye's finger.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Welcome to the forum george, Get yourself a bike , you will love it. Autralia is a great place to live, I lived there as a small child then moved back to the states. Some of my fondest memories are climbing gum trees as a kid. Look forward to hearing more out of you - Alaskan

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey George, welcome to the forum. Enjoy that ride once you get it and post often!

Ray

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
George!

:welcome: to the forum!! Get yourself a bike and start riding, you'll love it! Take your time, practice, practice, practice, and by all means, share your experiences with us here! :chopper: Look forward to reading your posts!

JD

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to everyone for a warm welcome!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes.... I look fwd to reading all your posts and bringing my mischevious style to the forum.

I've enjoyed reading your posts dog.... they've made me laugh and think many times now.

Alaskan - just wanted to mention the only place I've been to in the US was Alaska on Kodiak Island. Was the first time i've ever seen and felt snow.... was beautiful. Just curious where did you spend time here in Australia as a child?

fr8dog - thanks for the encouragement - i definitely plan on sharing the ride so to speak. And thanks also to hoosierhog for the warm welcome.

Aaagh Popeye - I can see we're going to share some laughs, ange you and I.... lol. nah, we didn't use to post together previously, I used to just sit behind ange with my head on his shoulder peering at him typing his 5 words a minute.

Did you have a good birthday? You didn't even say how old you are, or is that a sore point perhaps?? :bleh:

Keep smiling,
George

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Good day George,
A bit slow of me but here I am; just dropping in to say hello and welcome to the forum :)

I see that you have settled in OK and getting to meet everyone. Do you have separate computers or do you have to take turns, just wondering

Tell Ange that I did write a nice long reply to his PM, but as you are only allowed 5 messages, his box was full and he never got it :(

Cheers, John (sometimes Brisbane)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good evening Snowman...

Nice to meet you, hope you're doing well.

To answer your question we use one computer, that being mine!!! I'm nice and let him run free on here most of the time. (hehe i'm the one more likely to look up naughty sites than he is actually.. lol)

Yeah ange is a bit slow in emptying folders or checking emails sometimes. But in all fairness he's doing really well using the net for someone who only really started about 2 months ago. I think it says a lot about this forum because it's all he can talk about sometimes!!

Well seeing as he's passed out on the lounge room floor, methinks it's time to get to bed.

Take care
George:thumbsup:

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
crimsonmoon77 said:
Alaskan - just wanted to mention the only place I've been to in the US was Alaska on Kodiak Island. Was the first time i've ever seen and felt snow.... was beautiful. Just curious where did you spend time here in Australia as a child?

Keep smiling,
George
Exmouth, WA. I miss it!

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
Welcome George!

The lovely bride spent some time in your lovely country a few years back, got to ride a lot and hang out with some bikers ... we can't wait to get back there again, lovely land and lovely people.

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
You forgot the ...........

TomB said:
Welcome George!

The lovely bride spent some time in your lovely country a few years back, got to ride a lot and hang out with some bikers ... we can't wait to get back there again, lovely land and lovely people.
CHEESE:wootdnc: http://www.kidairy.com.au/index.aspx

1 - 20 of 34 Posts