V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day everybody around the world. I was surfing www a couple of days ago and to my delight I came across this site. Down here in Australia, the majority of the public think that if you ride a motorcycle you are of questionable caracter. Now im not just talking Harley's, Im talking Kamakazie crotch rockets, Cappacino chasers & Triumphs. Peoples attitudes vary from one extreme to the other, I mean when people find out that riding is a major part or my life, to them I am either cool or Insane! Sometimes I dont know which one offends me? I have recently picked up my third new Harley ( previous models included 883 sportster custom , 2004 dyna wide glide, now am the proud owner of a 2005 ROAD KING) Variety IS the spice of life. I would love to hear from anyone who has felt judged because you ride. Not just from law enforcers! I am a mid 30's married with kids self employed man, not a outlaw!

p.s. Do one thing everyday that scares you !!!!! bignuts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:welcome:

from one aussie to another, welcome to the forum. This site has been a great source of information and entertainment for me.These Yanks are a funny lot but they're pretty good guys.
If ya get a chance read Popeye's posts...they always give me a giggle.
(Hey Popeye I beat ya here he he he .)

As for the way you've been treated as a biker, I can't say i've shared the same experiences, I've been riding for 14 years and never had any dramas. Harleys would be the most common motorcycle you would see on the road in Adelaide. Most people can tell the difference between 1%ers and your average harley afficianado and you would be well aware of the bikie wars we've had here.

Summer's here so let's go riding, seeya for now

Ange

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Never cared how people judge me. Post up often and enjoy!!

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Normally I do something every day that scares me - I look in the mirror. This morning started out different - I didn't shave but my boss nailed me in the parking lot. I found a razor that must be 5 yrs old in the back of my desk drawer. I don't know which was scarier.

·
Registered
139 Posts
bignuts said:
Down here in Australia, the majority of the public think that if you ride a motorcycle you are of questionable caracter.
G'day mate!!!

Wogs thinks that ozzies are of questionable caracter coz they drive utes!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome on board!!?prty:

ciao...

F

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Land down under....great

Welcome to the world renowned web site for riders of fine motorcycles.

I have read your application and have prejudged you based on the fact that you ride motorcycles. The prejudgment is deemed positive in my humble opinion.

You picked a winner of a site because VTF has Technical gurus, great info and laughs.

Post up and grab a handful of laughs.

"If ya get a chance read Popeye's posts...they always give me a giggle.
(Hey Popeye I beat ya here he he he .)"
Thank you Ange, Thank you very much

·
The OTHER White Meat.
1,704 Posts
Now, please understand that the following is said without malice....

You said:
...here in Australia, the majority of the public think that if you ride a motorcycle you are of questionable caracter.
I just find that pretty funny. :sofa:

:welcome:

·
Goin' Fast with Class
372 Posts
bignuts said:
G'Day everybody around the world. I was surfing www a couple of days ago and to my delight I came across this site. Down here in Australia, the majority of the public think that if you ride a motorcycle you are of questionable caracter. Now im not just talking Harley's, Im talking Kamakazie crotch rockets, Cappacino chasers & Triumphs. Peoples attitudes vary from one extreme to the other, I mean when people find out that riding is a major part or my life, to them I am either cool or Insane! Sometimes I dont know which one offends me? I have recently picked up my third new Harley ( previous models included 883 sportster custom , 2004 dyna wide glide, now am the proud owner of a 2005 ROAD KING) Variety IS the spice of life. I would love to hear from anyone who has felt judged because you ride. Not just from law enforcers! I am a mid 30's married with kids self employed man, not a outlaw!

p.s. Do one thing everyday that scares you !!!!! bignuts
Welcome aboard BIGNUTS. Much like yourself I have had Sporty/Dyna Wide Glide/Road King and now ride a 05 Luxe all over this rock covered in bird shat called TASSIE.

LOVIN' it..

Screw whomever judges ya, who cares. I ride INDIE and could give a royal tossing stuff who cares what about me or mine. Get on that RK and ride it with pride everywhere.

Rent the movie Stone and change your name HAHAHAHAHA

-Joe AKA Seamonkeyman

·
hdcs.se memeber
16 Posts
Welcome Australia to this forum!

:welcome: Bignuts!
{salute(
I am from Sweden the little country up in the very north of Europe. I love the internationality of this forum.
This must be the biggiest netforum of Harleys in the world.

:corn:

·
3,465 Posts
This Place is GROWING AND GROWING.....

New people from exotic locations with bitchin motorcycles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Seamonkeyman,
Not so much a STONE fan, although a aussie classic. Im more of a MAD MAX fan myself!

I AM THE NIGHTRIDER !!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS BIGNUTS!!!!!

·
3,465 Posts
Hey, I just saw a T.V. show about Australia, You blokes got some real mean bugs, snakes, sharks and other critters that could really wreck a day if you aren't careful.

You guys better check your boots in the morning....be careful

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
No sh!t Popeye.
6 out of the top 10 deadliest snakes in the world are right here in Oz.
One of them is the Aust' common brown snake and can be found in my back yard as i live close to the Adelaide hills they are more frequently seen in warmer weather.:crying:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts