V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to drop in & say "hello" to all you fine folks,having just joined this group earlier tonight. I'm a 44 year old working man living in the great state of Maine.Been riding for 13 or so years.Started out with a Kawasaki Z-1,nice bike, got alot of great memmories but knew I belonged on a Harley.Had a chance to make our dream come true and said"life's too short".Our baby is a 95 FLSTC,wouldn't trade her for the world! On a personal note,this year my wife & I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary!! It's a great feeling sharing your passion with your best friend. In closing I'd like to say it's refreshing to find a place where all riders are welcome!

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Hello guido, sure glad to have you here. The members make this place what it is. We may be diverse in our backgrounds but we all love our bikes. I want to wish you and your wife a happy 25th. As you said, sharing the passion with your best friend is as good as it gets. Maine?......Ain't that cold up there? LOL

Later,

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fifth Gear. I"m happy to be here! I've visited a few HD forums & discussion groups,& being the computer guru that I am (not) found them hard to navigate.Lurking at a discussion group gets old too,the ones I visit seem to dwell on our differences,not our common passions.There"s room enough for us all in here & on the road,we can all learn a few things & maybe have a few laughs on the way!One prevelant "bad ass" attitude is constantly mentioning odometer readings, last year I rode 600,000 miles, yesterday I rode 987 miles, etc.Well,that"s great,if your able to do it,but in the real world many of us have a thing called jobs,or families,or other responsibilities that keep us out of the wind at times.It's not the length of the ride so much, but the quality.We've had more fun on some of our 100 mile putts than on some of our longer runs,& isn't that what it's all about? And yes Fifth Gear,if your still reading, LOL, Maine is usually a very cold,wintery,can't friggin ride type of place,but it has some of the most beautiful riding imaginable! Well, enough of my rant,I feel better allready!

·
Registered
147 Posts
guido

You will find this a good place to visit when you are not riding in the wind - for what ever reason. I know what you mean, I too have other responsibilities and enjoy even the shortest of rides.

I bet Maine has some great rides. I hope to visit Maine someday and check out all of the Lighthouses. We only have 4 in Georgia, and I am the Lighthouse keeper at one of them. So if you are ever down this way, stop by St. Simons Island Lighthouse.

I too had a Z-1, back in 1980. That was a fast bike.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Jeff, nice to meet ya & thanks for the response.I feel comfortable here,a "rarity" for me on the web when it comes to motorcycle forums or discussion groups.A lighthouse keeper, huh? Sounds fascinating,I thought most lighthouses today were automated,what does being a lighthouse keeper consist of? Thanks for the invite to visit , if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll look it up. You must be tired of answering this but I've gotta ask, how do you like your V-rod? I've heard good things about em, very impressive imho. My Z-1 was a 73.You're right, very fast bike,for me anyway, & very reliable. Well Jeff,see ya around spring is right around the corner! guido

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to meet ya Jim, thanks for the response.I like what I see here so far, the testosterone level seems to be minimal! What's it like ridin in Cal.? Year round therapy sounds like a good plan to me, though living in Maine I wouldn't know.Look forward to gabbin at ya. guido

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Guido, I hear you on your rant. I really haven't met too many Harley riders that were saints, but I like to see a little mutual respect. We are not all alike but it sure doesn't hurt to be helpful and friendly. I think more than anything else here the attitude is "I respect you because you ride" more than "If you're not just like me then you ain't ****". It makes for a better forum when we can respectfully interact with others despite our differences. I think the members that visit often are pretty cool and the atmosphere in here was kind of established early on by the regulars.

Later,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome guido. I think most of the folks have said all already about the forum, its predominant feelings about folks and about how we are here on this forum. So allow me to bid a hearty welcome to you and hope to hear from you often. I have fond memories of the light house at the end of Long Island , New York at Montauk Point growing up there as a kid, which was a while ago since I have 5 Grandchildren now! A pretty mature group here you'll find I think. Again welcome aboard.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
WOW! A post from 2002. Brings back fond memories of a great past. My, how time flys and things change. What a small board this was back then. Life is great ain't it? :) Hi Guido! :D

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sometimes I wish I did drink.
This would be one of those times!
Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi.

·
Living for the ride
1,351 Posts
Welcome Guido, I am new myself and this is a great forum. Lots of info, bs, and good people. Enjoy!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts