V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an 05 FXD Superglide and from day one I have planned on getting a mid glide front end then the 06's came out but I'm in love with my 05 and refuse to sell. I want to keep the headlight brow (cuz everybody else gets rid of theirs) and top mount headlight. I also want to use the OEM fork lock and I want to use stock 39mm fork tubes. I have found one company that offers this in their midglide kits for dynas but after a couple of emails, I haven't heard back. I'm ready to spend the cash now (want to be done by Daytona) and I can't get this guy to finalize the deal.
Anyway, does anybody have any suggestions on a company that makes midglide front ends. I don't want on 06 front end, I want mine to look different than those. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got an 05 FXDCI and I've also been thinking about changing the front end, but I think I'm going to go with the wide glide conversion. Accutronix has quite a few options including a mid glide conversion using the stock 39mm tubes.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Like others said take a look at the Accutronix products. In 2002 I put a Accutronix wide glide conversion on my 02 Dyna that retained the eyebrow. Back then there was no provision for retaining the stock fork lock, I had to work that out myself but since then I changed to another conversion from Ness that has the fork lock and eliminated the eyebrow. This company also makes conversions but I don't know how hard it is to get stuff from New Zealand.
http://www.kennedyprecision.co.nz/

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wellcome DynaDog.

I would suggest that if yo uare willing to spend the money on upgrading the front end of your bike, then you should enspire to gain better performance/handling from it, and not just better looks.
And currentlly the best bang for the bucks in improving older Dyna's front end is putting a set of the newere 49mm forks.
These forks are superior in every aspect to the 39mm ones.
(incase you don't know, the new 49mm forks are taken from the V-ROD)

Maybe have a different look by installing a 70's square headlight? or a pair of 2" hallogen beacons?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts