V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the HeavyCycles' LED tail light fit with the Street Glide? Does the Street Glide have the Laydown type tail light?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Motown_LEO said:
Will the HeavyCycles' LED tail light fit with the Street Glide? Does the Street Glide have the Laydown type tail light?

the Street Glide comes with a regular "squareback" taillight without the clear license plate illumination window in the top. The license plate light on the street glide is in the turn signal bar. facing down... we can supply an LED direct replacement, built in the H-D light housing without the plate light window, you would just need to ask for it.

laydown lenses are also avialable witout the window, but they are, well, not so sleek looking... Drag Specialties carries them in bulb configuration.

I like the Kuryakyn laydown lenses, but they are not sealed in the back (we coat the board with epoxy to weatherproof it for these lights) and only come with the plate light window (we use our LED boards, not theirs)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doc,

Can you post a picture of what the Brake Light "Blue Dot" option looks like?

Does this strobe while running and turn solid when the brake is applied? Or is it just lit blue when the brake is applied? If so, can you make one that has a strobe in it?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Motown_LEO said:
Doc,

Can you post a picture of what the Brake Light "Blue Dot" option looks like?

Does this strobe while running and turn solid when the brake is applied? Or is it just lit blue when the brake is applied? If so, can you make one that has a strobe in it?

the "blue dot" is a single ultra bright blue LED in the center of the taillight that lights up with the brake lights, slightly changing the shade of red and adding a bright point to the center of the light. It is a bit more subtle than the traditional blue jewel dot with a bulb behind it, but same principal.

We could set the blue dot up to flash if you wanted... either all the time, just on running light, or just on brake, or probably some combination of on, off, or flashing.

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find some pictures.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doc,

I sent you an email inquiring more on the LED for the street glide...

How difficult are these to install?

Thanks.

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
Motown_LEO said:
Doc,

I sent you an email inquiring more on the LED for the street glide...

How difficult are these to install?

Thanks.
Hey Motown,

These are literally "plug and play"... You will never have an easier install!

Run a search for my posts. I put an FLHX tail light lens on my bike with the Heavy Cycles LEDs. I posted a few pics around here somewhere...

E

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fender tip wire connector?

How do you release the wire terminal from the plastic connector for the front fender tip wire harness. I was installing the Heavycycles LED replacement front fender tip and inserted the terminals backwards into the plastic connector. I tested and thought I got it right but not!! Now I need to get them released and swapped. Got to be a trick with a pin inserted that releases them, but not evident to me. Thanks in advance for help.

Jim

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
jimclaypool said:
How do you release the wire terminal from the plastic connector for the front fender tip wire harness. I was installing the Heavycycles LED replacement front fender tip and inserted the terminals backwards into the plastic connector. I tested and thought I got it right but not!! Now I need to get them released and swapped. Got to be a trick with a pin inserted that releases them, but not evident to me. Thanks in advance for help.

Jim
I also emailed this to you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts