V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other digests are a great source of information and resources. This forum has become stale and un-responded. Perhaps it the heavy handed editing of every url that could be of use to the readers. The strive to make this a marketing business may make it a dead end..

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
cathari said:
Other digests are a great source of information and resources. This forum has become stale and un-responded. Perhaps it the heavy handed editing of every url that could be of use to the readers.

I'm confused Cathari. What "editing" of URL's are you inquiring about? I haven't noticed such "editing". Or censorship. The forum seems pretty open. The members seem to be having a enjoyable time. I know I am!!! 'sorry, if you aren't. You say this forum is "stale and un-responded" [sic]. What do you mean? I've seen a lot of open communication here. No significant vulgarity. No serious profanity. Oh, well. I'll live with that. I imagine that most members coming to an "official" looking site would find that refreshing. That the owners of the site elect to not give "free" advertisement to commercial sites is their choice. And no, I don't have a financial interest in this site. I just enjoy it.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
cathari said:
Other digests are a great source of information and resources. This forum has become stale and un-responded. Perhaps it the heavy handed editing of every url that could be of use to the readers. The strive to make this a marketing business may make it a dead end..
cathari,

I am not qualified to answer your question because I am just a road captain and I don't know anything about the marketing end of this board. But I do have an opinion and thought that I would share it.

I understand what you are saying about the links to commercial pages being edited. On other forums it's nice to post a link directly to the source and it makes it very convenient for those interested to click on it to go to the source. That may interfere with paying advertisers here. It's not that you can't talk about the product and say where it is though. Believe me, if anyone is interested in going to the page, they will take a few seconds to type it in. It's no big deal for me.

I detect a lot of resentment in some folks over commercial businesses. If you notice, most every web page that you go to has advertising of some sort. That's no big deal to me either. It's my choice to buy or not to buy. What it means to me is that sites like this are a great source of information and resources, I am able to learn and share information, meet some cool bikers and talk bike trash, and it doesn't cost me one dime. We all have our favorite forums and the more the merrier; the more people that can be reached to share information on bikes the better off we all are.

Now, as far as saying that this forum has become stale and un-responded, you have to realize that this forum is real new. We've barley got past the greetings of all of us freakin new guys(FNG). And, it depends on how you look at the unresponded part. I may be the only one with a motor mouth here. LOL. But I too have read posts that have gained me knowledge and I appreciated it without responding. I have noticed that a lot of members stroll through here even several times a day. Whether they have input to post on every visit is irrelevant. They are participating by showing up. Hopefully when they do have something to share that they will. But I don't think this being a commercial site will have anything to do with whether they do or do not post. As a biker I know that we have always been a tight group------brothers. And I don't think a silly little thing like advertising will keep us from the opportunity to help out a bro here. Thanks for your input also.

Later,
FifthGear :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts