V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a moot point since my 'Rod is carefully stored away for the winter, but has anyone had any experience putting the Harley heated grips on their V-Rod?

Properly dressed (full-face helmet, neck protector, leather jacket, riding pants, etc.) I found I was very comfortable down to 32 deg. F, except for my fingertips. After half an hour my fingers were going numb, to the point that I was having difficulty shifting and braking properly. I don't really want to go with electric gloves - I don't like the feeling of being literally wired to the bike - and I'm curious to know about the heated grips. Specifically I'd like to know how difficult the install was, and how effective the grips were. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not that I need heated grips in FL, but I was curious how much labor is charged to install them. I asked my dealer and they said 3+ hours, but not surprisingly, they've only installed them on one bike (not a V-Rod). They guessed the V-Rod might be a little easier because of the access through the airbox cover. On the Heritage, they removed the gas tank to run wiring. But on any bike, it still takes time to run wiring through the handlebars. I told them I had installed the security siren and garage opener kit, and they said installing heated grips is more difficult. I'd be curious to see the instructions myself.

Maybe you can ask vrod4ever from Yahoo. He likes them - see his comments at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Harley_V-Rod/message/1842

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
I don't know how long it took, but the guy who works at my bike at the stealer is great! Today he showed me the stuff he's done to his own V-rod sofar, and one of the things was the heated grips (in SoCal?) He said he loves them! Next time I'm down there I'll ask him how long the install took.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts