V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not likeing the chrome on my 06 night train i have vance and hines big shot staggards and i want to remove the shields and black wrap the pipes
does anyone know the procedure or know wear i can look for that i dont know how to wrap them also does anyone have pics of exhaust wraped pipes
thanks for the help

·
Speed Addict
467 Posts
midnight sporty said:
i am not likeing the chrome on my 06 night train i have vance and hines big shot staggards and i want to remove the shields and black wrap the pipes
does anyone know the procedure or know wear i can look for that i dont know how to wrap them also does anyone have pics of exhaust wraped pipes
thanks for the help
My ProStreets are fairly similar to your pipes, but I have my shields on over the wrapped head pipes. If I do not change pipes, I will have these black ceramic coated and rewrap the head pipes. There is a noticable difference in wrapped pipes. It really speed up the exhaust flow. I am very happy with mine. Photo below:

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there anyway you can show me more pics of that and you can actually feel a diffrence in wrapped pipes? i thought it was a wifes tale also how did you wrap them over the shields see i have the bss and thay have them huge shields over smaller pipes i was just gonna take them off and wrapp them but i would have to wrap the crossover and try to git around the brackets b/c i want them wrapped all the way till almost about 2 inches away from the tip what brand of tape is that i hurd theres good kinds and junk kinds

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heat wrap

My prostreets are wrapped just like darktrainer, minus the heat shields. I can't post pics though... The wrap definitely insulates well. Too good, actually. It retains the heat so much that the hot exhaust makes its way down to the mufflers and is discoloring the first 3-4 inches of chrome.

Anyway, wrapping the pipes is easy, but I would take the heat shields off to do it. You'll have to take the pipes off your bike as well, and make sure you replace the crush gaskets when you reinstall them. There are a couple companies that make the wrap. Just check out Summit Racing and you'll find some. I used DEI, but I know there's another manufacturer. I've heard you can spray them with high temp black paint to ensure the wrap doesn't fade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts