V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally ... I can ride this thing in the summer!
2004 FLHTCI
Heat was unbearable in the summertime ... I'm sure you all are familar with the story.
Ordered the Fulsac conversion to duals and heat is now gone. No re-map ...
just the Fulsac kit. No power loss that I can feel.

I was going to go with a PC but wanted to see if I needed it after bolting on the kit ... didn't need it.

Runs great and sounds like a Harley should.

Thermal gun shows both heads are real close in temps.

If you have a heat problem I would highly suggest this kit ... it worked great for me.

Kirk

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The kit you bought does work very well. We sell and install the kits as part of a 96 upgrade package. The hpc coated head pipe looks great as well.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Pipes

Most performance oriented exhaust systems will and do drop the temperature on 'em.
Only stands to reason it would.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes ... stock

Stock pipes ... but mufflers are the Harley Touring mufflers (I had to change to them to get the fishtail ends to work) but I think they are the same as stock mufflers just shaped different to accomodate the different ends.
The decibel rating on the side of the touring mufflers is the same as stock so they probably are close on the inside, but I am no muffler expert so if somebody else out there knows of a specific difference please pipe in.
Air breather stock and no map upgrades.
Installation took about 1 and 1/2 hours. Make sure to soak your bolts w/WD40 a little ahead of time and removing them will be a breeze. Also use WD40 on the pipes when going back together that also helps.
Hope all that helps.

Kirk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts