V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Closet Doof
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 08 Screamin Eagle Ultra on Saturday. Wow! Love the bike, but headset is a problem.

If I turn the volume up enough to listen to the radio, I get loud popping sounds in the headset, like like an electrical short right in my ear. I don't think its a loose wire, because it only does it with volume, especially bass.

Do I need to go back to the dealer for a new one, or is this typical of stock HD headsets?

·
Registered
292 Posts
newnaustin said:
Picked up my 08 Screamin Eagle Ultra on Saturday. Wow! Love the bike, but headset is a problem.

If I turn the volume up enough to listen to the radio, I get loud popping sounds in the headset, like like an electrical short right in my ear. I don't think its a loose wire, because it only does it with volume, especially bass.

Do I need to go back to the dealer for a new one, or is this typical of stock HD headsets?
I have the same problem. I think the HD headsets just can't handle significant base without popping/buzzing. I turned the base down and the issue went away, but the sound quality is not what I would like. seems to me the only way out is a different headset.

By the way - I have two headsets - one for the wifey - and they give identical problems.

·
Closet Doof
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

I would have bought the second headset when I picked up the bike, but they were out. Guess I saved myself $200 not buying more junk.

Ordered a J&M so we'll see if that's better.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I have 2 sets with mine and have not experienced any problems but then I don't play the radio through mine. It is illegal in most states to do that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
they work great if you can get them close to your ears, i use a piece of foam that puts it right on my ear when my helmet is on. hope this helps some plus you can normally pick up a set on ebay for around 100 bucks or so

1 - 5 of 5 Posts