V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made a search didn't find anything
compareing the new 06 heads to screamming heads
I know ported are better I don't have the time now.
I can get some 06 head for 250.00
or use the 00 heads that are on the bike now??
for a 95 build.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
We have a set of '06 heads in stock, ported and ready to bolt on the bike. $499.00 + shipping.

With the '06 heads, you will need at least new intake flanges.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I'd go with a set of Dewey's Street port or Big Al's Stage one or the Big Boy's offered above. Stock 06 heads are an upgrade for 99 - 05, 88" motors only. They're not equal to a 95" ported head. Why do you think H-D suggests their S.E. heads on a 95" build??? Just my -2$en#e- %[email protected]

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
06 heads

Springer

What color are your '06 heads? Also, besides the intake manifold what else do you need for converting a '05? Will the stock EFI be fine with a mild 95" with tw21 cams.

What do you and Bean think of the New Roller chain cam system? Been considering it also.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
"This will only fit on the 06 Dyna. Won't fit anything else!!"
It will with the right parts. Andrews is making cams and you need to buy the 06 cam plate and oil pump, tensioners etc. might be costly but probably in the ball park as gear drives. Of course it is hard to say how they will work in the long run.

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
foddlefadel said:
Springer

What color are your '06 heads? Also, besides the intake manifold what else do you need for converting a '05? Will the stock EFI be fine with a mild 95" with tw21 cams.

What do you and Bean think of the New Roller chain cam system? Been considering it also.

Thanks
Dave
The '06's are black. I don't believe you need to switch the intake manifold, just the flanges that hold it to the heads (I have not personally had to do this yet but this is what I understand is all that needs to be done). With that said, I would stay with your '05's and get them ported, I personally like the '05's better.

No specific knowledge on the roller chains yet, but it certainly sounds like a better way to do it.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Mtclassic said:
"This will only fit on the 06 Dyna. Won't fit anything else!!"
It will with the right parts. Andrews is making cams and you need to buy the 06 cam plate and oil pump, tensioners etc. might be costly but probably in the ball park as gear drives. Of course it is hard to say how they will work in the long run.
I inquired about the camplate and the pump also and was told they would also only fit the 06 Dyna. The 06 Dyna has a whole new set of cases. Just going by what I was told. I was interested about the camplate and the oil pump because of the increased oiling capacity. Was told it only Fits in the new 06 Dyna Cases. :huh: :hmmm: :dunno: Maybe we can get a confirmation either way.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Andrews performance is grinding cams that will work with the earlier cases and the new style cam plate together. ie the cams will be ground to fit the smaller inner bearings of the earlier cases and ground to fit the new style cam plate. Email Andrews or call them and they will give you the full scoop.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I contacted Andrews cams. They are making cams for the new system.
They said you just need to add the following HD parts:

camplate-$78
New oil pump-$175 ( with greater volume)
2 new roller chains- $70
2 new style chain tenshioner- $36
2 andrew cams-$279 (they even make a stock cam for this application)
some smaller items. These retail prices ar from my memory and may not be exact.
I have the new Andrew catalog which has the new cams and lists the HD parts needed to "update" the older A motors.

Springer...I thought that the '06 heads were superior. Why is the '05 better?

Thanks
Dave

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
foddlefadel said:

Thanks
Dave
Stock for Stock, the '06 heads are better. Ported for Ported, I like the '05 heads. The '05 heads use the 99-05 castings and the 05-up valves, guides, springs etc.. The earlier castings allow you to shape the exhaust port differently, the '06 heads already start out with a larger exhaust port and no matter how much you cut away, it doesn't get any smaller.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Thanks Springer! (makes sense)

I am seriously considering fitting my '05 Rg with the New roller chain setup with andrews 21 cam and your headwork.

The retro fit with discounted prices insn't that bad and the higher capacity oil pump is welcomed.

The problem is that the new style cams are not available yet.

Any new news on the oil consumption issue on '05 and newer heads?

Thanks
Dave

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
foddlefadel said:
I contacted Andrews cams. They are making cams for the new system.
They said you just need to add the following HD parts:

camplate-$78
New oil pump-$175 ( with greater volume)
2 new roller chains- $70
2 new style chain tenshioner- $36
2 andrew cams-$279 (they even make a stock cam for this application)
some smaller items. These retail prices ar from my memory and may not be exact.
I have the new Andrew catalog which has the new cams and lists the HD parts needed to "update" the older A motors.

Thanks
Dave
Sorry for not keeping up on this!! After i bought the Delkron and Feuling I kinda let it go by the wayside. Day late and a dollar short!! I wasn't gonna stay w/ the chains anyway!! :chopper:

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
foddlefadel said:
Any new news on the oil consumption issue on '05 and newer heads?

Thanks
Dave
Not really, I have seen several sets of '06 heads that still used the "bad" seals. I am not sure when they changed over in the production but it would have to be during the '06 model year. This means that ALL the '05's and at least some of the '06's are afflicted with this problem. The new valve seals don't cure the problem but rather treat the symptom, IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
foddlefadel said:
Springer...do you still feel that the '05 heads are superior to '04 heads (which do not have oil use issue) I have both.
Thanks
Dave
Not trying to cut in.............................................If you have both, use the '05s.............the potential oil consumption is easily remedied.....

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
baggersport said:
Not trying to cut in.............................................If you have both, use the '05s.............the potential oil consumption is easily remedied.....

Agreed, you ;!pstwhore :D

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
thanks.......Bean and Springer.

Do you have any use for a set of 2004 silver takeoffs and a set of black 2005 with 2100 miles. Trade in on porting?

Thanks
Dave

1 - 20 of 20 Posts