V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No More Heads & Cams for 04 Ultra Classic

Anyone just have their stock heads reworked and changed out the cams?
If so, was it worth the effort.:huh:
Well the verdict is in. I am leaving the engine as is. However,after spending 6 hours at the Woodstock Harley dealer yesterday I decided to go with a custom paint job. Spent a long time with the painter going through his pictures of previous jobs and was very impressed with his work. His attention to detail is just amazing. So after I explained what I was looking for he nailed it right on the head. They are picking up the Ultra Classic next Saturday and by spring I will be riding around on a "smok'in" real flamed ride.
As usual, Mrs. Hog let me make the decision on what I would prefer engine mods or custom paint. I mean, after all, when I finally got her to go for a ride on my old sportster and asked her how she like it? Her comment was "it's to bumpy, wouldn't you rather have one of those bikes with the nice built in back rests like the old people drive"?
Well sweetheart yes we would (didn't have to ask me twice) and the next week we had our brand
new 04 Ultra Classic. It's all I'll ever need except for.................................................;)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
A.1: Many

A.2: And then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzie

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
HogSR said:
Anyone just have their stock heads reworked and changed out the cams?
If so, was it worth the effort.:huh:
Plus you have to re-tune the motor after heads and cams, as I recall you have an efi bike. That means Power Commander or SERT. Did you do the Stage 1 already?

You know, I thought you might eventually come over to the dark side but not this soon!

By the way, if your going to pull the heads and do the cams, you really should think about the few more bucks to go 95". It was $270 in my case for the bore & hone plus the new flat tops and while the heads are off, it's really a no brainer at that point. You have to retune the motor anyway, so adding 7 cu. in's doesn't make that anymore difficult and the added displacement on a heavy bike is really worth it!

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. Guess I'll have to come over and show you how to post pics, too..............:laugh:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HogJR said:
Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. Guess I'll have to come over and show you how to post pics, too..............:laugh:

Hey post this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts