V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my heads back from BIg Boyz cycles last thursdayand put the engine back together yesterday.Took it for a ride today and I would say there is a noticeable difference in performance.I will tell anyone that asks about head work to send them to Big Boyz cycles. I am having the bike dynoed this coming saturday and hopefully I can a little more performance. Thanks to the forum members for all the info you guy's are a great resource for info to us newbies doing engine work , I am gaining more confidence in working on motor's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BigBoysCycles Head

Hazer, sounds like the heads made diff. in preformance, how long did it take to get your heads back after sending them to Bean? He has my heads now, looking forward to getting them back.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fxdlwolf, I think he had my heads about a week and a half.I took my bike out for a ride today and am very happy with the performance for now.I am having it dyno tuned this saturday.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Txchop , My build is a 95 inch se flat tops with 203 cam's, se air cleaner, rhineharts true duals , se race tuner, se adjustable push rod's, 9.75 cr . I may go to the 37 g cam's next year .

·
Registered
3 Posts
TXCHOP, my build is 95 flat tops, 203 cams, 42 HSR mikuni, SE air cleaner, V& H straight shots and BigBoys heads. Thinking about Andrews 37B's later.
Haven't decided on igniton yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TXCHOP, my build is 95 flat tops, 203 cams, 42 HSR mikuni, SE air cleaner, V& H straight shots and BigBoys heads. Thinking about Andrews 37B's later.
Haven't decided on igniton yet. Still waiting on getting my heads back.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Sounds like you guys have some nice torque builds going on there. You should be real happy with the results. I have ridden a couple bikes with very similar builds and i don't think you will be dissapointed.It is good that you leave yourselves open to other cam though, just incase the performance bug hit you in the face....good luck

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am already thinking hard about changing cam's next winter.But you know it is alway's that money thing that hold's ya back . I am pretty happy with the way it run's right now , but with a little more money I could squeeze alittle more out of that engine !

·
Who? Me?
187 Posts
Hazer,

I was wondering where in Iowa you are at and where you are having the dyno tune done? I finished a 98" build about a month ago and Ive been looking for a place to have it dyno tuned using the SERT. Im in Des Moines.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Harleyheevo, I live in the cedar rapids area ,I have used wilwerts in dubuque with good results in the past. Only problem is they are real busy right now because there Tuner was off work for awhile and they told me they had 15 bikes ahead of me to tune.Since I am going to bike week in 4 weeks I didn't think they could get it done for me in time . So I am taking it to Metro hd in CR they have a Dyno I will let ya know the results if ya want.

·
Who? Me?
187 Posts
Let me know how it turns out. I would be willing to make the ride for a competent tune. Thanks

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Harleyheevo, I just returned from having my bike dyno tuned at metro hd in cr.I think they did a good job for me .I did not need a lot changed in my mapping , my air fuel ratio was a little high at first and dipped down to low and he adjusted that . Now I have a nice flat line . My horse power went from 86.7 to 88.2 so he grabbed me a couple of ponies there, and the torque went from 98 to 102.7 so I am pleased. I guess i would not be afraid to have them work on it again.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a efi road king classic.I also asked about changing to the se 211 cams or the andrews 37 and they said with a bagger where your doig alot of 2 up riding and I also pulla trailer sometimes that a cam change I would gain horsepower but probably lose torque to stay with what I have .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts