V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the heads back and am ready to bolt together the 98. A few pics of the rear head (front looks similar), if anyone's interested.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
west467 said:
Who did the work?

Thanks,
Courtesy of HDWrench. We'll see how the bike works with them, a 98 kit, and a 37g cam, as soon as I can put it all back together. Hoping for the best!

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
what a difference! Can't wait to get mine back. Sending them out today.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
Courtesy of HDWrench. We'll see how the bike works with them, a 98 kit, and a 37g cam, as soon as I can put it all back together. Hoping for the best!
You're gonna love it!! Same setup I have. Now, just a word of advice. Once you get some miles on it and just can't hold back a minute longer.... just before you twist the wick, get off.... go pee. :brows: If you don't, you're gonna mess yourself!! :woohoo: I hope your shoulders are strong!! :thumbsup:

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geezer-Glide said:
You're gonna love it!! Same setup I have. Now, just a word of advice. Once you get some miles on it and just can't hold back a minute longer.... just before you twist the wick, get off.... go pee. :brows: If you don't, you're gonna mess yourself!! :woohoo: I hope your shoulders are strong!! :thumbsup:
We shall see!

It's done, it's heat cycled, it sounds good. The only thing missing is the road test. Hopefully, tomorrow........:chopper:

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More power.......

Geezer-Glide said:
:clap:
:yes:

It was good for me too!

Just took the HDW 98/37g, mild port/9.7 CR package out on the road for the first 25. It's like the first time....

or at least what riding the bike should have been like for the first time. What a difference!

rode over to the dealer to get the VIN loaded into my ECM so the SERT will work. Next step is loading a proper MAP. After that, 500 miles and I'm on the dyno. Life is good.

Now let me see.:hmmm: Do new heads come next, or new cams and more lift, and higher CR? I think the bug bit big........

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
Wish I can say I was at that stage of the build -complete-, but not quite yet. glad to hear it is good to go. I got the cams in, need to get the jugs on and wait for HDW to send the heads back. they arrived on monday at his shop so I hope to see them next week.

·
Registered
751 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
Wish I can say I was at that stage of the build -complete-, but not quite yet. glad to hear it is good to go. I got the cams in, need to get the jugs on and wait for HDW to send the heads back. they arrived on monday at his shop so I hope to see them next week.
I'm afraid you'll have to get in line. He's currently working on mine.:)

Rick

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
eglider05 said:
I'm afraid you'll have to get in line. He's currently working on mine.:)

Rick
Rick, nobody gave you the memo that your heads were damaged in shipping and Steve is unable to work on them, that in fact he was working on mine.:boxin: :thumbsup:
Doug

·
Registered
751 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
Rick, nobody gave you the memo that your heads were damaged in shipping and Steve is unable to work on them, that in fact he was working on mine.:boxin: :thumbsup:
Doug
I don't know why I'm in such a hurry to get this done anyways. It's winter in Michigan. I got fooled with the warm January we had so I got out in the garage and got it tore down. Temps are back where they should be for Feb., middle 20's. I guess I'll have to by a heater so I can finish this up.

I better make my mind up on an exhaust pretty quick too or I'll have a finished motor without pipes. I've been going back and forth between 2-1's and stock header pipes with slip-ons. I'm usually a pretty decisive person but when it comes to this build I'm driving myself nuts. I'm real close to doing a D&D Fatcat after the good comments I recently received from a forum member. But then again................... I don't think I'll know until I click the mouse on "add to cart".:unsure:

Rick

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Easy now guys no ones heads where damaged although we did loose a set or maybe it was two HMMM Just kidding all are going along fine. I would have to say that we have been doing a grat job on getting out way before the dead line. The UPS driver I think is getting a back ache from all the heavy boxes but that is their job!!! Had a engine show up in two boxes and he complained about how heavy it was I had to laugh as wait till it is in one crate and I send it back!!!! That will be heavy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts